Just Switched from ZEN to VFAST

Started by wecpcs, Jul 11, 2012, 10:15:11

Previous topic - Next topic

wecpcs

As we are only on a small rural market 1 exchange, without any hope for anything faster, I have just switched from ZEN to VFAST who have just obtained a Kent county council grant to update the broadband in the Warden Bay, Leysdown and Eastchurch areas. Vast is a WiMax system and as you can see I have now got excellent speeds. I went for the top package VMAX which costs £36.99 p/m and is upto 24Mbps down and upto 10Mbps up, with a contention ratio of 10:1 and no caps. It also comes with a free WiFi router and the £99.00 install is paid by the council grant.
All in all and excellent update and I could now also cancel my BT landline which will save me more than the extra cost of this package once I have explored the possibility of VOIP with SipGate.

Colin

Steve

It looks very promising at the moment,interested to see if it remains so as usage increases.
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Niall

A lad I know is using that in Preston. He's getting silly high speeds! It's another company though, that apparently, his mate runs.
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------

wecpcs

Quote from: Glenn on Jul 11, 2012, 18:10:13
What are the ping times like?

Around 13ms, much better than I have ever had. When I was with Idnet it used to be 24ms but increased to 38ms with Zen.

Colin

Steve

Good to know for a change that Zen's not perfect. >:D
Steve
------------

wecpcs

Quote from: Niall on Jul 11, 2012, 17:48:22
A lad I know is using that in Preston. He's getting silly high speeds! It's another company though, that apparently, his mate runs.

I know that they have trialled 80Mbps just outside Maidstone. I know the CEO Darren Brown as he started originally creating websites, he even bought PC's from me and then started up a PC business himself in an industrial unit and then poached my system builder from me by offering him more money than I could afford at the time from my PC retail business in Ashford, before he launched into the ISP business. He now covers vast rural areas of east Kent, who have also been awarded council grants.

Colin