audio cds

Started by Baz, Aug 12, 2012, 20:30:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Baz

what do you use to rip your cd's

MisterW

Probably no help to you ( unless you happen to be a Linux user  :) ) , Sound Juicer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_Juicer

gizmo71

SimRacing.org.uk Director General | Team Shark Online Racing - on the podium since 1993
Up the Mariners!

Baz

never heard of Sound Juicer but im on windies

and Exact Audio Copy   just looked at that and it seems a bit too techie, lots to set up on it isnt there.got to download Lame before it will work etc.

ive always just used media player and it is good enough but it just made a few mistakes recently and thought I would look about.

have tried FreeRIP  but it seemed very slow  :dunno:

Simon

Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Steve

For Windows I'd probably use DBpoweramp if I wanted an accurate CD Rip,LAME is nothing more complicated than an MP3 encoder.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com

On the Mac I use http://tmkk.pv.land.to/xld/index_e.html.

I always copy audio CD's lossless so I know I've got a good exact copy and indeed can return exactly to the original.. I then encode to whatever device I need it for whether that be MP3 AAC etc.
Steve
------------

Technical Ben

Yep. If I want something fancy I use to use DBpoweramp too. But for anything normal just Windows Media Player.  :laugh:
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

D-Dan

On Linux - RipperX

On Windows, I used to use CDex, though it may not be available anymore. If you can't find it, PM me, I have an install file somewhere.

Both are very similar, with cddb naming and easy no-nonsense ripping.
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

Niall

I've used CDex for years. Depending on the album though, sometimes I have to use CDex as winamp can't pick up the track list. When I lost all my music a while ago, I ripped it through itunes. I'm NEVER doing that again. It splits your albums into several folders that it thinks it needs to, to cross reference things. God it's annoying.

So yeah, winamp or CDex.
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Lance

+1 for DBPoweramp.
Lance
_____

sobranie

zappaDPJ

Quote from: sobranie on Aug 13, 2012, 00:28:36
Express burn.

I'm sure there's an ointment for that ailment ;D

Another Exact Audio Copy/Lame user here.
zap
--------------------

Gary

Quote from: Niall on Aug 12, 2012, 23:49:23
I've used CDex for years. Depending on the album though, sometimes I have to use CDex as winamp can't pick up the track list. When I lost all my music a while ago, I ripped it through itunes. I'm NEVER doing that again. It splits your albums into several folders that it thinks it needs to, to cross reference things. God it's annoying.

So yeah, winamp or CDex.
Never had that problem, all my albums are in the places they should be.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Technical Ben

I think I had the same "bug" with media player. If you have a bonus disk or special edition not on the track listings, media player/Itunes puts the song under "unknown" or "other" folders. :(
Which leaves things all lost instead of putting it in an "album" folder then leaving the last track "unknown".  :slap:

Niall

Quote from: Gary on Aug 13, 2012, 09:36:03
Never had that problem, all my albums are in the places they should be.

I think it happens if you select the option to let itunes sort the music.
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Simon

Quote from: Technical Ben on Aug 13, 2012, 09:55:23
I think I had the same "bug" with media player. If you have a bonus disk or special edition not on the track listings, media player/Itunes puts the song under "unknown" or "other" folders. :(
Which leaves things all lost instead of putting it in an "album" folder then leaving the last track "unknown".  :slap:

You can, of course, edit the album titles, so that bonus discs appear in with the designated album.
Simon.
--

Technical Ben

Oh, I did that, then it "automatically" changed it again! GAHHHHHHH!!!!!!  :laugh:
I think it was made worse by my old CD ripping software cutting off about a second from CD rips. :P

RogerG