New BT Wholesale Speedtester

Started by Ardua, Aug 19, 2012, 09:17:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Not sure what the purpose of cash is anymore - it gets stolen by one offspring when left lying around, it gets changed by the same for something of lesser value.

I did find a use for it today though - the cash only till at Morrisons had no queue- I've just proved my point. >:D
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Polchraine

Quote from: Lance on Aug 20, 2012, 13:15:58
:blush:

I very rarely carry cash.

I wonder when the cost of handling cash (including increased risk) will become a chargeable extra to consumers rather then the cost of the card payment?

When the cost of:   the safe to hold the cash,   the cost of having change delivered, the additional insurance costs for keeping cash on the premises, the cost for cash collections, the charges the collection company makes for checking and banking ...  is taken into account it starts to show that the small percentage taken by a CC company can often be smaller.  Retailers conveniently forget all of the items above when saying cards will cost an extra  2% (or what ever!).

I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets.

pctech

I've got a load of shrapnel in a tin, maybe I'll unload it on the local shop at work in exchange for a Wispa  :evil:

nowster

Quote from: pctech on Aug 20, 2012, 11:08:14
speed tests should be run from an Ethernet or USB connection. the iPad doesn't have an ethernet port
Or even just an Ethernet connection connected to an internal system bus with DMA. USB adds strain on the CPU.