Polar

Started by Broadback, Aug 29, 2012, 16:41:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Broadback

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, so move it if deemed preferable. I have had and used a heart monitor device (S601i). It gave me good service, and I was able to download my exercises onto Polar s/w on my computer. On Polar's recommendation I replaced it with an RS300x, as it was giving small problems and as an obsolete watch is no longer repairable, this cannot load exercises onto ones computer, it is supposed to be able to load them onto software on Polar's site to examine and evaluate. However I have found Websync the necessary s/w for this to be impossible to load. I know there is a lot of expertise here and wondered if anyone knows of any other manufacturer that sells this type of watch?
Nothing is perfect, not even my ignorance!

Steve

My Polar watch is in the same state and I'm not replacing it. As to other recommendations - do you have a smart phone as I believe you can link heart rate monitors to them.

btw I wonder why you can't install the Websync software.

http://forum.polar.fi/showthread.php?t=17169
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Broadback

Seems to me that the Polar s/w is not very stable. I get the message that Polar Daemon cannot be found, though this is supposed to be part of the download. There are load of reasons given by Polar for its failure, I have tried them all to no avail. I think they sold me a pup. They gave me a good discount but I had to send my old one back with its accessories, otherwise I would revert to using that, though the buttons were a bit hit and miss.

pctech

What Windows version are you running BB?

Broadback

Windows 7 Home Premium with service pack 1.

Technical Ben

A lot of things don't seem to be programmed for UAC correctly in Windows 7 (that is third party programmers, not Win 7 it's self).

Any chance a "compatibility mode" install or open would help fix the problem?
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Broadback

Tried that Ben,but no go, as the program fails to load I am not surprised

pctech

What happens if you completely disable UAC by doing the following:

Go to Start > Control Panel > User Accounts and Family Safety
Click User Accounts
Click 'Change User Account Control settings'
Move the slider down to Never Notify
Click OK and then restart your computer.

Broadback

Sadly, just the same.  :(

pctech