Reccomendations to IDNET

Started by kindo106, Jun 25, 2007, 10:48:12

Previous topic - Next topic

kindo106

I'm looking at ID Net Broadband on my pc after seeing it mentioned this morning on a BBC programme. Please can anyone using it for their home use give me any reccomendations or not. I'm living in South Wales and so might not be able to gain the full potential of 8MB, but should be able to gain 3MB.

DorsetBoy

Welcome to Idnetters kindo106 :)

If you take a look around the forum you will see for yourself that Idnet customers are generally very happy.
As a company they are very friendly,helpful and customer oriented.
The support line is answered by "real" people,no music and queues etc and the MD has been known to phone customers to check they are happy.

What speeds you can achieve are down to the line/exchange etc but you can always find help here with that.

After all that the contract is a genuine 1 month so if you really had something you didn't like you are not tied down.

Rik

Hi Kindo

Welcome to the forum. I've just been watching that programme, I'm afraid not everyone gets a year free. :)

That said, the service is excellent, and I'm sure other people will echo that sentiment. IDNet are a flexible company, which listens to its customers - they recently 'upgraded' the Home Lite package from a 2GB bandwidth allowance to a 5GB one at the same price, in response to what customers were asking for. If you look around here, or on ThinkBroadband, you'll find the forums generally happy places, as Dorset says.

I've never regretted the move to IDNet, and I don't see moving away.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

cavillas

There are no restrictions on joining IDNet because you are in Wales.  ;D

This is a really personable and friendly ISP.  Connections and reliability are the best I have come across in many years.  They do not limit your use of the 'net in any way, as long as it's legal of course.

The majority of people who come to IDnet are very happy and content, those who are not never seem to be happy with anything :D

A warm welcome awaits you. :banana2: :banana2: :banana2:
------
Alf :)

kindo106

Thank you all for the replies.It does seem as though IDNet are recommended to me.....

Rik

I don't think you will regret moving over. We look forward to welcoming you aboard. :)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gilba

If you haven't seen on the homepage they have a free one month trial available.

Edit: Details of the offer are now in the Announcements forum, here.

Supanova

Iv just connected for the first time this morning and had to ring them up to get connected because i have a strange ethernet modem/router setup.

Phone picked up in 2 rings, the lady i spoke to REALLY knew what she was doing, she stayed on the phone with me for 20 minutes while i messed around with it and the phonecall cost me nothing!  Totally outstanding customer support. Iv never seen anything like it before.

Highly recomended just for ^^!
"Privacy is dead, deal with it" - CEO Sun MicroSystems

cavillas

Hi Supanova.  Glad you came over to the Light Side.  Unfortunately, you have made many of us jealous becuase of your long conversation with such a nice lady >:( ;D.  Anyway, welcome and hope you enjoy your stay here. ;D :banana2: :banana2:
------

trelales

Hi Kindo106.

I'm also from South Wales.

One of the best things about ID Net is that when you ring them a human being answers who is in the UK.

I do not know where you are, but I am between Cardiff and Swansea, in a small village, and it appears that we are the fogotten people as far as BT are concerned. Speeds are not very good but that is not down to IDnet but the quality of the BT lines. I get very frustrated when my daughters, in England, tell me they are getting 7.6 and 4.2 meg and here am I grateful to wind up to 1meg.

After having had a brief period with talk talk, ID net are a breath of fresh air.

cavillas

I live in Essex, quite a big populated area at Walton on the Naze.  Because of the lines , however I can get 4Mb d/l but normally average out at 3.5 Mb so being in England on the East side of the country, not far from the Great London, does not mean better connections.  It's about time BT really upgraded all of their longer lines in the 21st Century.

What's the weather like in South Wales at the moment,  we have had sunshine, storms and lots of rain all together as well.  :-[
------

Supanova

Take a look. Both the following tests were done at 9PM at night (peak time) from the same PC with the same settings.

Note: virgin internet is provided by NTL and i have the same sized package as before (8mb max with interlacing). How NTL are allowed to get away with this is beyond me.

What a difference! Ignore the 131ms ping, i just played counterstrike with a ping of 37ms  8)

MoHux

Looks like you cheated!  ::) By moving 100 miles closer to M'head.  ;D

;)
"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Supanova

yeh i notice that too lol. although to be fair it says 'approximatly' 150 Miles (when in actual fact its more like 250) on the first test, and 'greater than' 50 miles on the second test.