DG834G V2 Firmware

Started by sparky, Jun 26, 2012, 15:51:41

Previous topic - Next topic

sparky

I thought that with V3.01.31 I had the latest firmware for this router, but I see now that there is a V3.01.38, but I don't seem to be able to download it. The website wont allow me to download without registering, and if I try to register it doesn't recognise the serial number which is clearly printed on the bottom of my router ???

http://support.netgear.com/product/DG834Gv2

Any one else using this?

Lance

Why not just click 'Continue without registering' at the bottom of the registration form?
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

sparky

Lance,

I tried doing that, but it doesn't work for me. It suggests to check to make sure my browser is not blocking the download, but it isn't.

Any chance you could try it and see if it offers you a download?

Cheers.

Ray

Doesn't work for me either, Sparky.
Ray
--------------------

Lance

Odd, it just loops round. Not very helpful is it!
Lance
_____

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------

sparky

Glenn,

Many Thanks, it does indeed.

Cheers.

sparky

Well that has sucessfully bricked my router!   :mad:

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------

sparky

Yep, been trying that. It doesn't seem to work from my windows 7 desk top or my old windows 98 laptop. :'(

sparky

I doubt that there are, but if there is anyone who thinks to upgrade from V3.01.31 to V3.01.38 then think VERY carefully!

I have tried all sorts and cannot recover my router. Google it and you find loads of people with problems. Why didn't I do that first  :mad:  Fortunately I had a spare Speedtouch.

My last resort seems to be to try to find an XP PC with two network cards in it. The recovery program doesn't even attempt to look for the router unless you can choose between connections. Rubbish software. That seems the most likely configuration to get this wretched recovery program to work. That might take me a while, if I ever succeed in getting my trusty DG834 working again, I'll update this.

On the other hand, its 7 years old, I might just smash it with a hammer!!!!

pctech

Are you sure you are using the V2 hardware?

sparky

Yes, definitely a V2.

or was, I've bined it!