New caps but are they good enough for me not to jump ship?

Started by kerrso05, Oct 06, 2012, 17:34:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Ardua

Despite concerns about 3rd party advertising on an IDNet-hosted site, anyone reading this forum would conclude, in my view, that two of IDNet's competitors may not be worth a second look. I fail to see how this particular thread will do IDNet any damage at all. That is not to say that a given ISP, and its packages, will suit all and there are many examples on this, and other forums, where customers make the point that they are considering a change of ISP. More often as not, people leave IDNet after a happy experience with the caveat that, if the 'offer' ever changes to something more suited to their needs, they will not hesitate to return.

Gary

Quote from: kerrso05 on Oct 08, 2012, 08:53:14
Wow Simon that's an aggressive angry rant
I think Simon is just stating a point, enough is enough with interpretations on what he said, he has stated this for the record, this goes around in circles and does not further the thread in anyway  :)
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

kerrso05

Quote from: Gary on Oct 08, 2012, 09:07:24
I think Simon is just stating a point, enough is enough with interpretations on what he said, he has stated this for the record, this goes around in circles and does not further the thread in anyway  :)

Gary what did he say? He said to me this:- "can we please not have advertising for other ISPs on IDNet's forum."

Was I wanting anyone to advertise............ANSWER No

Did I advertise...........ANSWER No

and Gary he may be stating a point that enough is enough but he is threatening to CLOSE this Thread

As I have said before if he thinks that the words he used were taken out of context or misused then surely he can PM those people and take the matter up with them (I for one am not one of those people because I didn't take him out of context) he doesn't have to threaten the rest of us with closure.

Again, if he wants to close this Thread down then ......not a problem....go ahead and do it  :(
Harry
Bangor, Northern Ireland

Simon

Fine, this is obviously going nowhere, so thread closed.  Please refer to the forum rules before anyone decides to start another one in response. 
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

Can we all take a deep breath and let it out slowly please. The forum didn't used to be such a touchy place.

Simon rightly asked for no adverts, and he's not talked about locking this thread because he can, but because of the nature of it. You will remember, Harry, that when I locked your original thread, it was because I felt it had come to the end of its life, with which you agreed. I also asked that you continued any discussion in the threads which were already running. You obviously disagreed with that, which saddens me. Unlike ThinkBroadband, we don't have a Which ISP? Board, because we are dedicated to supporting IDNet customers. Staff members put in a tremendous amount of time and effort to running the forum, from 'front of house' to protecting members from hackers, spammers and others 'net nasties. Sometimes, it seems that members forget they are human too and can get fed up with the sniping.

This is of course a personal view, I'm officially retired.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.