Bug in the Netgear DG834G 4.01.28 firmware

Started by Rik, Jun 06, 2007, 16:08:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Have you updated to this firmware version? If so, have you had a loss of sync since doing so - and was it reported in the log if you did?

There's a report over on TB that this firmware version doesn't log LOS, and it would seem to be the case from my observations, just looking for more people who might have seen the issue before getting on to Netgear... :)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Ray

Rik I am using this version of the firmware and have just found the following in my log' don't know whether there was a loss of synch, nothing indicated in log, but seems to have taken over an hour to authenticate again.

Wed, 2007-06-06 01:07:52 - LCP down.
Wed, 2007-06-06 01:07:58 - Initialize LCP.
Wed, 2007-06-06 01:07:58 - LCP is allowed to come up.

Wed, 2007-06-06 02:17:45 - Initialize LCP.
Wed, 2007-06-06 02:17:45 - LCP is allowed to come up.
Wed, 2007-06-06 02:17:56 - CHAP authentication success
Ray
--------------------

Rik

Do you record your sync speed, Ray? That's the only way I knew for sure there had been a re-sync.
Rik
--------------------

Ray

Quote from: Rik on Jun 06, 2007, 18:01:09
Do you record your sync speed, Ray? That's the only way I knew for sure there had been a re-sync.

Not as such, Rik although saying that it has never changed since I've been with Idnet always 7616 downstream and 448 upstream.
Ray
--------------------

Rik

You're trying to make me jealous again, Ray. :)
Rik
--------------------

Ray

One of the advantages of living in a rural area, Rik - still got the old copper lines plus I am only 1.7Km from the exchange.
Ray
--------------------

Rik

You'd think that, living in a 'new' town, I'd be the one claiming a good infrastructure, wouldn't you.  :'(
Rik
--------------------

trelales

Please excuse what may be thought of as a basic question but I am a newbie so bear with me.

I have a netgear 834G v3 -

How do you access this "log", please?

Rik

I recommend using IE to access routers, regardless of your normal choice of browser, I've found a number seem to be hard-coded to expect the IE interface, especially when updating firmware.

In the address bar, type http://192.168.0.1 and hit <enter>. You will be asked for a username and password, the default is admin/password (I recommend that you set your own password, especially if you are using wireless).

You will be presented with the browser status screen. On the left, select logs. In there, you will find details of any loss of connection and any attempts to probe your connection.

I have my router set up to email me the log each morning, that way I can review any changes.
Rik
--------------------