Oh dear

Started by Broadback, Oct 12, 2012, 17:13:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Broadback

After quite a number of happy years my Canon s900 printer has curled up and died. So, bearing in mind that I print maximum size of A4, an odd photo or 2, but mainly B&W, what do the team recommend as a good reliable printer? I am using Windows 7, if that is relevant. TIA
Nothing is perfect, not even my ignorance!

Rik

HP 6500 if it's still on the market. Solid, reliable, gives you fax, photocopier, scanner, ADF, double-sided printing and works out of the box with an iPad.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Steve

The Canon Multi Function printers are worth a look. My MP640 has been great for photos. For B&W I use a Brother HL 5240
Steve
------------

Technical Ben

Quote from: Rik on Oct 12, 2012, 17:22:23
Amazon, £98 odd...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Officejet-6500A--All--Printer--Print/dp/B003VMZSMY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1350058822&sr=1-1

I clicked someones joke link to an Amazon trick shop. So now everytime I visit, I get greeted by adds for lots of joke purchases. Lets hope no one is looking over my shoulders when I next visit Amazon.  :slap:
(Sorry, off topic I know)
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

cavillas

Just bought a Canon Pixma mx895 from https://www.printware.co.uk/ Next day delivery very quick and very good printer.
------
Alf :)

Gary

I bought a Canon MG6250, great multifunction printer, all my Canons have been pretty good over the years.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

stevenrw

I recently had the same issue and found that multifunction devices seemed to have taken over the printer market. Not much choice if you just want a standalone printer or a scanner.
I expect this is too late but don't forget to factor in the cost of replacement ink cartridges with your deliberations. For example a report a while back discovered that on some Lexmark printers the cost of replacing all ink cartridges was actually on or around the purchse price for a new printer.
I've always found Epson fairly reliable and, importantly, cheap to run. They used to have an excellent piece of software called "Smart panel" which enabled you to copy, scan for creativity etc etc from one portal. Dunno if this is still shipped with their multifunction offerings these days however.

pctech

Quote from: Gary on Oct 12, 2012, 23:32:25
I bought a Canon MG6250, great multifunction printer, all my Canons have been pretty good over the years.

Do you have enough for a 21-gun salute then?  ;D

Gary

Quote from: pctech on Oct 18, 2012, 19:13:26

;D
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Technical Ben

Quote from: pctech on Oct 18, 2012, 19:13:26

Nope, but you could get them to play a tune for you. :D (Scanners and floppy drives also welcome to the band)

http://youtu.be/NcmP6fzj2KM
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

pctech