Mikrotik Routers and /29 on FTTC

Started by johnnyd, Nov 02, 2012, 11:32:12

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyd

Hello

Does anyone have a Mikrotik Router on the end of an FTTC line? I am having trouble configuring it to use Routed IP and NAT.

Thanks
JD

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

johnnyd

Rik

I have no clue on your question though.  ;D
Rik
--------------------

Steve

Welcome Johnny  :welc: :karma:  Sorry I know sod all about Router OS I did find this though http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=65994
Steve
------------

Steve

Steve
------------

johnnyd

Thanks for the replies guys, I do have a working system, with IPv6 and NAT, its the /29 section that is confusing, i have RB's working with /29's OK from AAISP as they allocate the whole /29 to you with a separate 'WAN" ip to route down, but IDNET do it like ZEN where its all routed down the first usable IP, thats the confusing bit, so what i cant get to work is allocating one of the /29 ip's (after the first default one) to a separate (non NAT) machine and directing traffic to it.

JD

pctech

Might be worth posting on Zen's forum as I think one of their chief engineers (no his name isn't O'Brian) is a bit of an authority on Mikrotik routers and RouterOS.

Might have a bit of a wait though as its not the most lively forum.

johnnyd

Thanks pctech, I have posted in the Zen forum also  ::)

johnnyd

Blimey......you are right about the Zen forum, nothing in 5 days ;(

pctech

johnnyd

Is it worth calling IDNET support do you think ?

Steve

It might be worth an email to simon at idnet dot net.
Steve
------------

drifting

Without wishing to hijack this thread.

But I am using a mikrotic, and wondered if you followed the MRU / MTU for the ppp connection as described on the AA website? Read through it and it blew me away.. But have to say this little router is impressive. Now if only I could work out how to monitor uptime on a connection?

Drift.
Infamy, Infamy, they all got it in for me!

pukkahq

That's on easy one, load winbox, click interfaces (on the left), double click the PPPoE connection and its on the status tab.

yes you can increase the MRU and MTU values.

Paul