google

Started by Baz, Nov 24, 2012, 10:31:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Baz

has google front results page changed.I used to get a result then down the left hand side was an option to get results from UK only, now its gone and you have to go to the Search Tools/The Web/Pages from the UK.

one click was all you had to do before.

Gary

I dont remember it being like that yesterday, Baz  ??? Saying that YouTube keeps changing its format and back again every now and then at the moment. Its seems a bit odd to hide those options behind search tools, maybe they are trying to make the page look even more minimalist
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Baz

yeah just within the past few days ive noticed Gary, little things like that annoy me about some sites.Yeah it used to be visible all the time now its hidden away.

I like minimum clicking to get to where I want or I  ;D dont bother

Baz

another twist about google and some other sites too, is if you are into a big search and get well up through the pages then want to go back to the start, the numbers at the bottom dont have  1 or first page etc.  just previous or the individual numbers

do you know what I mean  :)

Simon

No, but I don't really care!   ;D
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Ray

Ray
--------------------

David

Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Steve

Trouble with Google is I just look at the results. :slap:
Steve
------------

Baz

Quote from: Simon on Nov 25, 2012, 15:00:33
No, but I don't really care!   ;D

WELL YOU SHOULD CARE SIMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    this is the way the internet is going, changes without asking the end user.

one day you'll see Simon, one day   :P

pctech

I only use a search engine when I really have to (when looking up error messages for example) as I find trawling through thousands of results annoying and frankly I don't want to waste time doing it.

tehidyman

Quote from: Baz on Nov 24, 2012, 10:31:29
has google front results page changed.I used to get a result then down the left hand side was an option to get results from UK only, now its gone and you have to go to the Search Tools/The Web/Pages from the UK.

one click was all you had to do before.

This was a pain for me as well.  However checking around to solve another search problem led me to the Mycroft Project site which then enabled me to put Google UK version into my browser (Firefox) search box.  Now the Google UK option is available again.  Not sure what browser you use but maybe worth a look.  I have now customised my Amazon and Ebay search engines to the UK rather than US.

Baz

that is worth a look thanks. I use FF and did ages ago put Google in my bookmarks that opened with a version which doesnt use the autofill feature or whatever its called, you know the bit that tries to tell you what you want to search for  :D so it now doesnt give me a list of what it thinks I should be looking for.

if you want it the address is https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?complete=0   I think its the 0 at the end that does it  :dunno:

Baz

unless im looking at the wrong one that doesnt work for me and I still get the new front page without the ' pages from uk ' left hand menu

pctech

Why don't you just use another search engine like Bing for example http://www.bing.com/?cc=gb