Triple monitors

Started by David, Dec 09, 2012, 14:00:57

Previous topic - Next topic

David

I have recently discovered the benefits (to me at least) of using dual monitors on both of my desk top PCs now I intend to go one further and use three.will I need another graphics card for this or is there another way ?

Any tips welcome as always

http://www.okobe.co.uk/ws/product/SAPPHIRE-Radeon-HD-6450-Graphic-Card-625-MHz-Core-1GB-DDR3-SDRAM-PCI-Express-2.1-x16/1000094493?ref=1q4bs

Would this be the answer ?

TIA
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Glenn

Depending on what screens you are using David, that card may not be powerful enough, it's max resolution is 2560 x 1600. You will also need an active Display Port dongle with the card to run the third screen using Eyefinity or a display with a Display Port connection.

I would look for something like a XFX Radeon HD 6850

http://www.amd.com/uk/products/technologies/amd-eyefinity-technology/how-to/Pages/set-up.aspx
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

David

Thanks Glenn that makes things easier
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

gizmo71

I have three on my games box powered off a single Radeon 5870, and three (of five!) on my workstation powered by a Radeon 5450 (the other two are running off an old nVidia 8800GT). For the games box I bought panels with DP inputs to avoid having to use an adapter, but I ended up getting an adapter for the workstation so that I could reuse an old screen. (In fact I bought two of different makes, in case I had trouble, but both worked fine and I sold one on.)

I also tried a passive adapter, but it had problems at anything more than trivial resolutions.
SimRacing.org.uk Director General | Team Shark Online Racing - on the podium since 1993
Up the Mariners!