Orange and TalkTalk - almost as bad as each other

Started by Rik, Jul 03, 2007, 12:34:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Silicon.com is reporting a uSwitch survey of customer satisfaction with ISPs. Orange fared worst with 35% of its customers unhappy, while TalkTalk had 31% of customers dissatisfied.

Curiously, the story reports Plusnet as topping the rankings...  :o
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

john

Re the story on customer satisfaction with ISP's.

According to the article on silicon.com, 35% of Orange users were unhappy with the service whereas Plusnet, who came top, had 78% of satisfied customers. Maybe there were several categories, the artictle doesn't say, but if there were only the two mentioned (i.e. satisfied and not satisfied) then they could just have easily said that 65% of Orange customers were satisfied and 22% of Plusnet customers were not satisfied or in other words the difference between the two ISP's is only 13%.

uswitch.com is blocked whilst I'm at work so I can't see the details of the survey and which ISP's were included.

To be more meaningful I think it needs to show which aspects of the ISP's people were not happy with.

For instance, looking at it very simplistically, the 35% who were unhappy with Orange might be because they were the only ones who tried to use it's 'customer service' the remaining 65% may have just put up with any connection problems or denial of service because they thought it was due to other factors, like a problem with their line or settings, rather than Orange.

Rik

You're right, John, it's a simplistic report of a survey from a source I wouldn't particularly trust. My interest was aroused, however, by the fact that people are, apparently, beginning to recognise customer as important.

I couldn't find the poll on the uSwitch site.
Rik
--------------------

Kheldar

any report giving orange a thumbs down gets a thumbs up from me  ;D

Rik

A feeling I can understand. Now about Amazon and Evesham...  >:D
Rik
--------------------

john

Quoteany report giving orange a thumbs down gets a thumbs up from me 

I can well understand that a report gives Orange a thumbs down but I wouldn't necessarily applaud it as the poor Orange members have to put up with it and the solution is in Orange's own hands. They have to accept there's a problem, take action, not just give out vague statements to say they're doing there best (which is far short of what it should be) and not put their profits before their 'service'.

QuoteA feeling I can understand. Now about Amazon and Evesham

Rik, what's the problem with Amazon ? Admittingly I've not bought much from them, just the odd DVD and a wirless router recently but I didn't have any issues with them.

Rik

Quote from: john on Jul 03, 2007, 17:37:11
Rik, what's the problem with Amazon ? Admittingly I've not bought much from them, just the odd DVD and a wirless router recently but I didn't have any issues with them.

Security. I've had an account with them hacked, someone else's card details were then inserted, a purchase from a 3rd party was made in my name, with another person's card, to be sent to an address which did not relate to me or the owner of the card. Despite being advised of the fraud, Amazon failed to notify the third party, who despatched the goods. :(
Rik
--------------------