Quite proud of myself

Started by Noreen, Feb 11, 2013, 18:11:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

My problem with energy efficient light bulbs is that they simply aren't bright enough, and I seem to recall something somewhere about the really bright ones being less, or at least, no more efficient than a lesser wattage normal bulb.  :dunno:
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gary

LED bulbs Simon are brighter
Quote from: Simon on Feb 15, 2013, 14:20:11
My problem with energy efficient light bulbs is that they simply aren't bright enough, and I seem to recall something somewhere about the really bright ones being less, or at least, no more efficient than a lesser wattage normal bulb.  :dunno:
LED Bulbs are brighter than CFL's kick out about the same amount of light as a normal bulb and use hardly any power, they cost more, about £8 a bulb right but cost will drop price like the old ones did. They give instant light and they are the shape of normal bulbs too, but use hardly any power. The 7watt I have kicks out just above the EQ of a 40 watt, looks normal and comes on at full brightness. Nothing like the old CFL energy saving ones and when you add up how much power you use per bulb per hour in a house its a hell of a lot. You can also get ones you can dim unlike CFL's. Mine are like this but bayonet fitting http://www.toshiba.eu/lighting/eu/Products/Lamps/E-CORE_GLS_WIDE_7W/
Damned, if you do damned if you don't