Webspace

Started by lloyd-h-jones, Jul 06, 2007, 12:17:04

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd-h-jones

Was wondering if there is any webspace with my idnet account? I am on the £24.99 a month contract. Many thanks

Lance

Currently, IDNet do not include any webspace with their packages. I'm sure someone will be able to recommend a webspace provider shortly!
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Glenn

I use www.siteground.com $5.95 a month with a 24hr support package, I signed up in March last year to a 12Gb deal, they have constantly increased the disk space, I now have 500Gb with 5000Gb/m bandwidth.
Glenn
--------------------

lloyd-h-jones

Cheers Lance and Glenn, but I only want to host pictures really, but more than say a photobucket account, any ideas on a good free one? Or one with a small yearly fee, cheers.

psp83

www.web-mania.com

I used to host small sites with them a few years ago, paid about £50 a year.

If you want to host pictures then this can eat up alot of bandwidth, depending on file sizes and how many people load them.

Theres also
www.1and1.co.uk
www.unitedhosting.co.uk

Kheldar

funny but i was just wondering the same as i needed to host a few pictures to !

no space at all ?

thats a bit unusual is it not ?

like lloyd i dont need/ want a lot of space but had obviously assumed idnet provided a little.

Rik

IDNet seem to have made a decision to concentrate on the core services of connection and email. There's never been a big interest expressed in having webspace by forum members, so I assume that the company has identified its market very clearly.
Rik
--------------------

Bat

Hi,
Sign up for a free dial up account, say Freeuk. Comes with 25meg webspace and web uploader.
Easy, simple, free..... ;)
Cheers,
Gavin :)

Archie

Quote from: Bat on Jul 11, 2007, 22:48:06
Hi,
Sign up for a free dial up account, say Freeuk. Comes with 25meg webspace and web uploader.
Easy, simple, free..... ;)
Cheers,

Yep! That's what I was thinking, free dialup. Don't forget to logon once every so often to keep the service alive. You will probably find ads on your site though. :-(

drummer

Quote from: Kheldar on Jul 08, 2007, 12:30:30
funny but i was just wondering the same as i needed to host a few pictures to !

There's quite a few sites that have free gallery-style image hosting.

flickr.com
photobucket.com

Are just two off the top of my head.
To stay is death but to flee is life.

Supanova

google do a great webspace thing and its totally free.

easy to use with looooads of space for uploading photos/music/whatever.

best thing about it is you dont have an address like "abcdefg.yourname@freewebs.cheapskate.com", instead giving you a nice little address. Adverts are not a mojor pain either unlike all the other free webspace pages.

If you already have googlemail, you already have free webspace set up but may not have realised yet :)

http://pages.google.com/-/about.html
"Privacy is dead, deal with it" - CEO Sun MicroSystems

Rik

Useful post, I wasn't aware of this (probably demonstrates my interest in webspace! :)). Have a karma.
Rik
--------------------

Bat

Hi,
Does anyone know of some free webspace that you can ftp upload to?
I have an application that automatically uploads 3 jgp graphs, but I need somewhere to send them too....
I've looked at box.net freeuk and plus net (sorry) and the Google one listed above, with no luck :(
Cheers,