Searching for old Gateway Laptop Drivers...

Started by peterbeaumont, Mar 08, 2013, 13:02:37

Previous topic - Next topic

peterbeaumont

I'm struggling to find some drivers for my ancient Gateway M325 Laptop from 2006 and wondered if anyone could help, please?

There is a picture attached for the ones I need.

I've "Googled" extensively and mostly found blind alleys, or versions that won't work and the Gateway US support site doesn't list them any more.

I realise I might be flogging a dead horse, but if anyone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it enormously.

Glenn

Peter look at the details tab for each missing driver, you should see some thing like PCI\VER...... type all of that into Google and do a search, it should find instances of what you are looking for.
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

peterbeaumont

Hi Glenn

I tried that but no results showed up - the reference number shown under the Multimedia Audio Controller was "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&SUBSYS_0300107B&REV_04\3&B1BFB68&0&F2".

I think the Audio Drivers were Realtek AC'97 and I have tried a few versions, but none has worked yet.

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------

peterbeaumont

Glenn

Yes, that was my first port of call, but the drivers I need aren't listed there any more, they once were available on that page, but seem to have been removed now. It's also impossible to contact their support unless you have a product within warranty.

Could I put my trust one of those paid-for Driver Scanners which seem to abound on the internet?

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------

peterbeaumont

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------

peterbeaumont

Glenn

Thank you for your help, I just solved it by calling a friend in the US, who somehow managed to persuade someone at Gateway to point me at a hidden archive file where the drivers were located.

Sorry to have troubled you.

Glenn

Not a problem, glad you have sorted it.

Take an image of the drive once you have everything in place.
Glenn
--------------------