TG582n

Started by flyerdave, Sep 16, 2013, 09:32:18

Previous topic - Next topic

flyerdave

Hello to everyone.

I hope that my experience of Idnet is going to be better than Plusnet!

Just moved over this morning and have a question about setting up my router which is a TG582n.

This router was supplied by Plusnet so I would like to know if I should change anything other than the IP address/password (in order to connect to idnet)?

thanks

Gary

Quote from: flyerdave on Sep 16, 2013, 09:32:18
Hello to everyone.

I hope that my experience of Idnet is going to be better than Plusnet!

Just moved over this morning and have a question about setting up my router which is a TG582n.

This router was supplied by Plusnet so I would like to know if I should change anything other than the IP address/password (in order to connect to idnet)?

thanks
As long as its not locked down to plusnet it should be fine, just add your details and leave it to pick up the IP and DNS automatically. No idea about IPV6 support though, I doubt you will need it for now tbh though. If you can run the setup routine on that router it should all work fine and set the MTU correctly.

I hope IDNet works out for you, I have been with them for quite a few years and I think they are a good ISP, I cant pass comment on Plusnet. Anyway welcome to idnetters.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Simon

What Gary said, and :welc: :karma:
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Ray

Ray
--------------------

MisterW

QuoteAs long as its not locked down to plusnet
They're not locked down, you should be able to enter an Idnet username/password ok. They will revert to the PlusNet TR-069 username if factory reset though.

Gary

Quote from: MisterW on Sep 16, 2013, 11:58:52
They're not locked down, you should be able to enter an Idnet username/password ok. They will revert to the PlusNet TR-069 username if factory reset though.
Can you update with non plusnet firmware then?
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Steve

You probably can get a generic firmware but the previous Thomsons were never the easiest to update.
Steve
------------