Lot of issues this morning

Started by andrue, Oct 26, 2013, 07:57:58

Previous topic - Next topic

andrue

Wow, what a morning. My old router couldn't hold a PPPoE connection for some reason. Had to go back to my DLink.

Now I'm getting appalling results from the TBB tester (IPv6 and IPv4). Speedtest.net seems okay though.

Bill

Quote from: andrue on Oct 26, 2013, 07:57:58
Edit: Huh. Seems like it's my new router. My old DLink seems fine.

It could be just one of those days :(

I lost sync at about 6am and had to swap to a spare modem to get it back. I'll try the suspect one again later- don't want to irritate the DLM more than I have to!

Fortunately it's the original Openreach Huawei job, not my eBay-purchased spare, so if it's died I'll expect a replacement ;D

edit- I see you've edited out the edit that I quoted :P

Everything seems OK here, though the first tbb speedtest I ran (IPv6) gave silly upload speed and hung before saving the results... next one was OK.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

andrue

The router issue is still valid I think. I'm now running with the DLink and will prolly leave it that way. Can't understand it - it's a newish router and anyway why would a router suddenly have PPPoE issues. Bah. Anyway I'm back on IPv6 which is nice. Trouble is I forgot that the DLink uses 192.168.1.x so just spent half an hour trying to diagnose issues with my mail server.

Modem seems fine - been connected for over a week at 65Mb/s. Just seems like IDNet can't get me that from TBB   :eyebrow:

Bill

Quote from: andrue on Oct 26, 2013, 08:51:11Can't understand it - it's a newish router and anyway why would a router suddenly have PPPoE issues. Bah.

Wrong MTU? Should be 1492 for PPPoE iirc.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6