Auto forwarding Idnet email to Gmail account

Started by dlorde, Nov 21, 2013, 14:18:11

Previous topic - Next topic

dlorde

When I first set up my Idnet mail accounts and my Gmail account, I had the emails that were sent to my Idnet mail accounts automatically coming through to my Gmail account (which is my main email account at present).

Recently, I've noticed this isn't happening any more. I can go to my Idnet accounts and manually forward emails to my Gmail account, but they're not coming through automatically.

All the user interfaces seem to have changed, and I can't work out how to get things working again. Can someone help?

Simon

Not sure whether you're using the webmail interface, or the IDNet account one, but if you log into your IDNet account, then select emails on the left hand side, you should still be able to set up filters to forward emails to another account. 
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Lance

Lance
_____

dlorde

Ah! that's it, thanks Simon. Looks like my rules are inadequate... In the absence of a 'Delivered to' header option in the rule creation, am I right in thinking that the 'Received' header option will always contain the email address of the Idnet mail account (I just want all non-spam messages to be forwarded)?

Also, is there a way to run the filters on all the messages already in the account?

Simon

If you basically want all mail addressed to ###@idnet.com to go to your Google account, then I think you need to use the To filter, with the IDNet address as the trigger.  Hopefully, any spam will have been dealt with before it reaches that stage, but I've found email filters to be a little bit trial and error at times.  Not sure if you can apply a new filter to old messages - in fact, I think not from the IDNet account settings, but it might be possible from the Webmail interface, once the filter has been enabled.  Just dashing out, so haven't time to look at the moment.
Simon.
--

dlorde

I did have filters for 'To', 'cc' and 'bcc', but I wasn't getting some mail forwarded because what goes into the 'To' field isn't always the destination address. Sometimes it's 'undisclosed-recipients', or sometimes some kind of alias for the destination address. I had a quick scan of a few headers in detail, and the 'Received' fields always seemed have the email address somewhere.