More speed problems today

Started by davecollins, Oct 25, 2013, 12:05:59

Previous topic - Next topic

psp83

Den you are now a Apple fan boy  ;) :evil:

kinmel

Quote from: Steve on Nov 06, 2013, 21:38:07
Funny thing is it's the same engineers whether it's BT, IDNet or Sky for FTTC.

Only for the wiry bits as far as the exchange.  Sky have their own national network of equipment, links and sub-contractors.  Their installs are done by non-BT subbies too.

As for Idnet, if there is a 5 day delay in getting new infrastructure, why did they not order it earlier?  Just in time supply only works if you understand what is happening in real time.
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Steve

That's what I meant  Alan from 'home' to the exchange and your other point hindsight is a marvellous tool and only IDNet can explain why the situation was allowed to occur as we're still seeing packet loss over too weeks after Mavericks, which suggests to me although I might be way off the mark that capacity was borderline prior to that.
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

mervl

I don't think anyone understands why the packet loss is occurring, do they? IDNet hope the additional capacity (for want of any other explanation?) will cure it for the time being, so I gather.  ???

andrue

Quote from: kinmel on Nov 07, 2013, 09:29:21Just in time supply only works if you understand what is happening in real time.
I've never trusted that Justin Time bloke :D

talos

Could this packet loss be causing pages taking a long time to load ? I've cleaned out my comp Cookies etc and it still seem to take ages, more noticeable if I click off a pages and then try to get back on it straight away, most annoying  :mad:

Steve

It's not the cause this morning,although I've no idea of the current latency or throughput as on a mobile network.
Steve
------------

colirv

Almost back to normal for my 40/2 today.

Colin

Simon

Simon.
--

Simon_idnet

We've just recevied notification from BT that they executed our order a few minutes ago.

Lance

Great news. Thanks for the update Simon.
Lance
_____

davecollins

Excellent - I'm seeing full speed with no packet loss now. Fingers crossed that it continues.

Steve

Thanks for the update Simon, good news!
Steve
------------

Simon

Simon.
--

sobranie

Teething probs maybe. I shot up to 75 a few hours ago and am now back down to 20 to 35.

zappaDPJ

Everything is fine here. My throughput is back to maximum and web pages are responding as expected again.

zap
--------------------

Adrian

This is getting to be tiresome.

Adrian

davecollins

Adrian - your image was broken, but I'm also now seeing a big drop in speed and packet loss is back.

Come on idnet - what do we need to do to make you do something here??

andrue

It's Gawdawful here. The worst I've ever seen it  :bawl:

Edit: TBB speed test has just crapped out on me in disgust so I can't even post a graph  :eyebrow:

Edit 2: I can post a TBBQM graph though:

Adrian

Strange, the image shows up here just fine. I even logged out and back in again.

Anyway, I am getting a bit fed up waiting for IDNet to fix this, it's been going on for too long.
Adrian

Bill

Not good here either, generally sluggish too:

Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

andrue

Ah. Speedtest.net was prepared to run all the way through. Probably the worst downstream result I've seen in over a decade:

So I've lost 91% of my downstream and about 15% of my upstream  :shake:

Bill

Not as bad as yours, but not good: :bawl:

Do you think BT might have subtracted some bandwidth insted of adding it? :dunno:
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

davecollins

I just spoke to Idnet again. I've lost track of how many times I've called in the last month.

Yet again I'm being told to run bt speedtest. Yet again I'm being told that there don't seem to be many other users affected. Yet again I'm putting the phone down having no idea if anything will be done.

This really is appalling behaviour.

Adrian

Sounds like it might be time to move on, which would be a shame because I quite like IDNet. Andrews and Arnold are now reasonably competitive, then there is always Plusnet...................... ;)
Adrian