MK2 vDSL faceplate

Started by Gary, Dec 06, 2013, 09:32:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Just to let a people know that a MK2 vDSL interstitial faceplate has been released by BT. Its designed to reduce RFI and now REIN and supports a possible future 30a profile. The filter so far seems to decrease errors which is a good thing so some may see a more stable profile. At the moment they are available only from BT friendly engineers and ebay which may or may not be legit. If any one is interested in more details feel free to PM me.   ;)

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=13043.0
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Lance

Is this now standard issue for new installs?
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gary

Quote from: Lance on Dec 06, 2013, 12:33:48
Is this now standard issue for new installs?
It is indeed, Lance.

Steve

No harm in trying one I suppose!
Steve
------------

Gary

Quote from: Steve on Dec 06, 2013, 14:05:04
No harm in trying one I suppose!
Its one of those things where where some will see great improvement some not much but the reduction in errors with a twisted pair RJ11 from the socket to the FTTC Modem is as good as you can get at this time. I guess because self installs are coming the end of December they have brought this out to try and increase stability across the board and to help for people with poor wiring. Also I guess next year 30a may come our way too at some point.

Steve

Sometimes with broadband stability and speed don't always go hand in hand but it will be interesting to experience the  future developments of vdsl.
Steve
------------

Gary

Quote from: Steve on Dec 06, 2013, 17:27:10
Sometimes with broadband stability and speed don't always go hand in hand but it will be interesting to experience the  future developments of vdsl.
I think the idea is to use the new faceplate with the 30a profile which hopefully will be more stable than v1 it also has an extra chocke as well as the RFI and REIN filter, then bring in Vectoring. I had my MK2 fitted yesterday and gained 2Mbps, most impressed. Also using an SSTP RJ11 helps too I found. (adslnation pro) 0.5m which is much better than that flat phone wire and since I have so much wiring where that cable was thats helped alot too.