Email

Started by andrew_w, Feb 08, 2014, 08:49:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakota2

Well something has changed, email is OK today!

regards

Dakota

Terryphi

Mail was still delayed for me earlier this morning but it seems to be OK now.

netn00b

suddenly today i am unable to send e-mails ?

is there an issue ?

Bill

No apparent problems here :dunno:
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

netn00b

well after a number of hours....2 of the emails have arrived.  3 more still somewhere out in space or lost !

BrianM

Ok here as well  :fingers:
Brian

Take care of all your memories. For you cannot relive them.

krysia

This just started to happen to me as well.  I tried to send an email to a neighbourhood group, so it was going to lots of addresses, and I thought that might be the problem.  But now I get the same message when I try to send a test email from my idnet.com account to another.

Simon

Was that immediately after the group mailing?  If so, I wonder if it takes x number of hours to reset?
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

krysia

Yes, it was.  The error message says I exceeded my quota for the hour, but I still have a problem more than an hour later.  It seems an excessive reaction to a group mailing, given that I've never spammed.

krysia

Just tried again and it's resolved now - but does that mean we can't e-mail groups from idnet.com accounts?!

Simon

It's not something we've been made aware of, as far as I know. 
Simon.
--

Simon

I checked with IDNet, and you can find some more information on email quotas here:

http://www.idnetters.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,31927
Simon.
--

Gary

Quote from: Simon on Mar 07, 2014, 10:17:10
I checked with IDNet, and you can find some more information on email quotas here:

http://www.idnetters.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,31927
Scary now with the rise of router malware  :(
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

krysia

Thanks for checking that, Simon.  It's strange that I was blocked, as my address isn't new, and I would have thought I meet the other criteria to be allowed a large group mailing.

In re to those criteria, how do you check for router malware?

Steve

I think like most things in life when enquiring for facts or reasons the reply although well structured may not be as accurate.
Steve
------------

netn00b

i'm really struggling with e-mail recently.

sends a couple then just refuses to send anymore - even to the same e mail address.

i'm not new having had the idnet address for many years.

trying to send a couple important ones currently and they keep refusing :(  ??? :mad:

andrew_w

Problem back again! Exceeded my quota apparently, again. First email I have tried to send in three days so...................?

Why can't this be fixed?
Andrew

Simon

I think you'll need to contact Support on this one.  Did you read the sticky topic on email quotas?  That contains some more information. 
Simon.
--

andrew_w

I have read the sticky and last time it happened I contacted Support to be told it was a "server problem"!!
Andrew

Gary

Quote from: andrew_w on Mar 17, 2014, 10:05:44
I have read the sticky and last time it happened I contacted Support to be told it was a "server problem"!!
I would suggest contacting them again tbh.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Steve

Perhaps we need to add 'or a server issue' to the sticky! :angel:
Steve
------------

Simon

If it is a server issue, it's odd that not more people have mentioned it, as I would have thought it would have affected more than one user.  :dunno:
Simon.
--

krysia

Yes, this is happening to me again - I send one short e-mail and then am blocked as I've 'exceeded my quota for the hour'.  I've emailed support but in the meantime am glad to know I'm not alone.

krysia

Well, I've heard from Support, and this is the explanation:
'A few of our customers had their email accounts hacked in the last few weeks and 1000s of spam messages were sent through our email servers. Due to this we have some new security in place. The security allows more messages to people with stronger passwords. Strong password need to include numbers. letters and symbols and must not include dictionary words.'

While on some levels this seems sensible, on others it's excessive - I don't have a dictionary word password, but am blocked after sending one email.

Simon

It does seem an unusual step, but I guess, if all you need to do is change your password to make it more secure, in order to send more emails, that's not too much of a hardship.  Thanks for letting us know. 
Simon.
--