Email

Started by andrew_w, Feb 08, 2014, 08:49:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

I didn't think webmail accounts were any different to 'normal' accounts.  It's the same account, but you just access it via webmail, isn't it?
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Steve

Steve
------------

Simon

In other words, the passwords would be the same.  :)
Simon.
--

Simon

Oh, didn't see you'd beaten me to it, Steve.  ;D
Simon.
--

peasblossom

But where do I find my account email settings? I've looked at 'settings' but there's no option like it offered.

Simon

You need to login to your IDNet account, via the main website, then the email settings are on the left. 
Simon.
--

peasblossom

As a customer, you mean? I've done that and changed my login password but the one for my webmail account is different and that's what I'm having trouble with.

Glenn

Once on your account page, click on existing addresses under email, the settings, you can change the password there.
Glenn
--------------------

Simon

Quote from: peasblossom on Apr 16, 2014, 20:20:30
As a customer, you mean? I've done that and changed my login password but the one for my webmail account is different and that's what I'm having trouble with.

I'm not with you.  You have an email address, which is, for example, pb{@}idnet.com, yes?  Well, that email address is the same, whether you access it via webmail, or by a mail client such as Outlook, Thunderbird, etc, therefore, the password is the same, however you access the email address.  To change the password, you need to login to your IDNet Customer Portal, then go to Email > Existing Addresses on the left hand side, click Settings next to your email address, which will then reveal the password, which you can then change.
Simon.
--

peasblossom

Quote from: Simon on Apr 16, 2014, 21:42:27
To change the password, you need to login to your IDNet Customer Portal, then go to Email > Existing Addresses on the left hand side, click Settings next to your email address, which will then reveal the password, which you can then change.
Got it. I had misunderstood but it's all sorted now.That last sentence was the bit I was after. I know both the webmail p/w and the email client p/w have to be the same but I couldn't see a way of changing the p/w on either IDNet site. But I see how to now.

'Confused? You will  be...' as they used to say.  :)

Simon

Simon.
--