Fast broadband now considered vital by increasing numbers of homebuyers

Started by zappaDPJ, Mar 03, 2014, 03:45:19

Previous topic - Next topic

zappaDPJ

QuoteHouses without broadband could be worth as much as 20% less than comparable properties with a good connection, according to experts who say superfast speeds are increasingly important to prospective homebuyers.

With soaring numbers going online to perform everyday tasks or to work from home, a robust connection is considered so vital that the property search website Rightmove has added a broadband speed checker button to every one of its listings, alongside details of transport links and schools. Estate agents report that rising numbers of buyers are willing to pull out of a deal if broadband is not available in that area.
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/02/fast-broadband-vital-to-homebuyers
zap
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gary

Even though fast BB is pleasant, I looked at area, crime figures, age groups, view and curbside appeal. Yes I have FTTC but I also live in a beautiful, very quite village with its own harbour. Tranquilly and views and the fact I have zero road noise and hardly see a soul are a blessing. I would never compromise for any of these things for 'fast broadband' if I moved again. Maybe its my age, although I'm only 48 age, but a sense of community and very low crime figure's and peace and bl*ody quite plus all the above are my main appeals. Oh and the fact I just don't like other people that much helps.  ;)
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Simon

Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gary

Quote from: Simon on Mar 03, 2014, 07:03:35
Those are very much my criteria too, Gary. 
Although I love the technology, Simon, as I'm getting older its less important, and those things I posted are to me about home and heart. I may like FTTC but I could happily do without it for the those things every time.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

talos

:iagree: My environment is more important, technology will catch up eventually  ;)