FTTC options

Started by gazzthompson, Apr 02, 2014, 15:37:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Den

They are reviewing them at the full price and stating that they are great value for money and the best routers on the market,
Mr Music Man.

Gary

Quote from: Den on Apr 10, 2014, 22:19:09
I was just checking after all the negative comments on here about the BT Homehub 5 and found that in the magazines "Web User" and "PC Adviser" it has been voted the BEST BUY award so I suppose we should now class them with the Mail and Express.  >:D
Den just google HH5 reboot problem, its all over BT's community pages and even thinkbroadband, its got issues when used with its vdsl filter. Those online rags get cash for good reviews, and as Steve says its good for the price but its nothing special and still has a lot of problems if you would actually look, rather than try to apparently gloat at every chance you get maybe you would find the info? Heres a 25 page thread about it on the BT forum. Note BT are bow shutting down and banning users complaining about this issue. https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/PPP-LCP-Send-Termination-Request-User-request/td-p/1152644 Oh and heres the TBB link about that http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/bt/4316893-bt-closing-posts-and-banning-users.html?vc=1
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Den

Gary, Gloating is not part of my nature and I am just stating the facts as I see them. My Homehub has not given me a moments problem and none of my customers or friends who use them have not reported a problem.

I seem to be one of those lucky people who like Microsoft Windows 8.1 and is not having any problems with BT. Indeed I did not have any problems with Idnet either and if the price had been right for my needs I would still be with them.

Some times I get sick of people who slag off companies just because they are biased (towards Apple or whatever) and I feel I should put a more balanced opinion based on my personal experience. If you don't like any opinion other than your own then I should stop posting on here as you will always disagree.
Mr Music Man.

Lance

All I can add to this thread is that for my wife's parents, the HH5 has behaved itself with no issues since they went onto BT FTTC last month. So maybe not all of them have issues...
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gary

Quote from: Lance on Apr 11, 2014, 11:02:10
All I can add to this thread is that for my wife's parents, the HH5 has behaved itself with no issues since they went onto BT FTTC last month. So maybe not all of them have issues...
If they are connected via the BTOR modem it seems to not be an issue, but more so when using the built in VDSL modem.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Lance

They are connected using only the built in modem.
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Den

The ones connected via the BTOP modem is the Homehub 4 not the 5.
Mr Music Man.