New cpanel html editor is truly awful!

Started by JD_LincsUK, Apr 21, 2014, 19:38:45

Previous topic - Next topic

JD_LincsUK

After problems with my old website (which started immediately after the latest cpanel update) and my then host not replying to my support requests, I decided to move to a new hosting service.

As the new service couldn't simply import my back-up (made by cpanel) of the old site, I have to upload it all myself. That won't be an issue, once our FTTC is up and running, but in the meantime I am simply trying to create a temporary page so that my regular visitors can see I haven't abandoned it or them.

However, with the new html editor, even just completing that simple task is a right pain in the jaxi.  I can't believe how much more confusing they have made this system - it used to be so simple and intuitive, but now it's just bloody awful. Starting with the new monochrome toolbar. You used to recognise the control icon you wanted straight away when they used small coloured icons - but with these new monochrome symbols (often very similar to each other within their groups) it has become a nightmare.

I tried to use KompoZer to write the pages locally, having already tried Amaya, but for some reason it refuses to connect with my ftp server.

This really sux big time and is making me think twice about whether I want the hassle of running a website at all! Surely they should be making it easier to do these things, not more complicated. Especially for those of us who want a little more than the blogging sites offer.

It's such a shame :'(

JD_LincsUK

I found out why I was getting nowhere with trying to edit my homepage - my domain has not been transferred from old hoster to new hoster!  ::)

I'm paying for two and only getting the old one. I'm wondering what will happen in a couple of weeks, when my contract expires. At least I was able to update the homepage and let peeps know the score - especially after checking the monthly visit stats and finding my 37,000 from end of last year has dropped to a paltry 2,800 this last month! All thanks to that horrid new cpanel!

I've also installed Joomla now, so a much better cms to use  :)

mesite

zappaDPJ

DNS propagation usually takes around 24 hours but rarely more than 48 hours. As for your other problem, I use cPanel every day and never knew it had any sort of HTML editor :blush: ;D I always edit locally and upload via FTP.
zap
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Technical Ben

Off topic on topic post.... Oohhh! A model aircraft simulator! I might have some interest come the end of the month. Looking to get a cheepo model heli to crash... practice with before I go onto a proper model heli.
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.