TBB ISP Ratings

Started by Tacitus, Mar 16, 2015, 15:57:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Tacitus

Interesting post on TBB today showing customer satisfaction ratings for various ISPs. 

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6882-thousands-rate-their-broadband-providers-and-small-is-big.html

AAISP appear to be top overall, whilst iDNet and Zen are both level pegging and not far behind.  For all the talk of how good PlusNet are, I'm surprised to see them below an 80% satisfaction rating.

Good news for Simon and the team at iDNet Towers  :)

Simon

Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

pctech

Plusnet = BT

Cheap for a reason

Clive

If I couldn't afford IDNet then I would definitely switch to Plusnet.  I've had it downstairs for nearly 10 years and it's been 100% troublefree.   8-)

Tacitus

Quote from: Clive on Mar 26, 2015, 18:22:26
If I couldn't afford IDNet then I would definitely switch to Plusnet.  I've had it downstairs for nearly 10 years and it's been 100% troublefree.   8-)
Given that Zen are rolling out their POPs at a fair rate, I wonder whether they will start to drop their prices.  Doubt they'll be anywhere near the TT/Sky/Plusnet race to the bottom, but they may just be able to provide a combination of price and service that makes them more competitive.  They are the only other one I've considered as an alternative to iDNet and in fact I very nearly jumped on moving to Fibre.  iDNet's connection charge of some £90 - way more than anyone else and since reduced - was a big incentive to move.....

I'm still here though :)

Technical Ben

Quote from: Clive on Mar 26, 2015, 18:22:26

If I could not afford IDNet... I don't know what I'd do!  :vangry: :react: :hairpull:

Well, I'd go for the cheapest, as if I'm going to get monkeys for service, I may as well pay peanuts for it.
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

pctech

Quote from: Tacitus on Mar 27, 2015, 17:07:01

Given that Zen are rolling out their POPs at a fair rate, I wonder whether they will start to drop their prices.  Doubt they'll be anywhere near the TT/Sky/Plusnet race to the bottom, but they may just be able to provide a combination of price and service that makes them more competitive.  They are the only other one I've considered as an alternative to iDNet and in fact I very nearly jumped on moving to Fibre.  iDNet's connection charge of some £90 - way more than anyone else and since reduced - was a big incentive to move.....

I'm still here though :)

The only reason I left Zen in the first place for an LLU provider was BT's DLM.

I was very interested to find out that Zen were rolling out their own POPs

When the line hit problems that the reseller didn't know how to resolve the issue I moved back to Zen back in March last year and have been connected to their POP ever since and the service has been excellent, had a fault back in January and Zen had Openreach out within a couple of days and actually worked with the guy over the phone to adjust the profile to give me the best speed possible.

Line rental has been with Zen since they entered that market.

Hopefully the prices will drop but hopefully not at the expense of the excellent technical support service they provide.

Would prob have to use plusnet if I couldn't afford Zen but my last brush with plusnet was anything but a positive experience.