switching from WBC ADSL Max to ADSL2+

Started by krysia, May 15, 2015, 16:11:04

Previous topic - Next topic

krysia

I'm currently on the old Home Lite package, which is fine - we have a stable connection and a steady speed at 8400 kbps (occasionally more).  Our present speed and bandwidth allowance of 15GB at peak time have been more than adequate for our use, but now that we have a smart TV I'm considering upgrading to the ADSL 2+ service to get increased bandwidth (one film we rented accounted for 20% of our monthly peak allowance).  Our router is already operating in ADSL2+ mode so we don't need new equipment.

Before I take the leap, I wondered what kind of experience people have had making the switch - have there been any problems, e.g., with stability?  I don't want to jeopardise what at the moment is working just fine.

Clive

I made the switch a few months ago for the very same reason and I can assure you the switchover was seamless.  We don't actually use it as much as I expected but we were always flirting with our limit with the old package.  This gives us peace of mind and we no longer have to keep checking how much we've used from halfway through the month. 

krysia

Thanks so much, Clive - that's really helpful (and reassuring!).

SimonM_IDNet

Hi Krysia

The upgrade should be seamless, however I would advise checking to see if your router is ADSL2+ Compatible for any switch over. Most new routers are but it is best to ensure this is the case.

kind regards
Simon M
IDNet support