Mail Certificates

Started by Simon, Jul 01, 2015, 20:52:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Over the last few days, I've had problems with mail certificates for my IDNet email accounts.  I am getting the warning below, but when I click 'Get Certificate', nothing happens.  This is happening with my IMAP and secure POP3 accounts, but 'normal' POP3 accounts work fine.  Is anyone else having problems?

Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Steve

I've not used the idnet mail box for a few months, however my wife's not said anything regarding her IMAP account.
Steve
------------

Simon

It's weird.  It's only happening to my IDNet accounts, and on two different machines, neither of which have been changed, so that points to it being an IDNet issue.  But, it's not happening on my phone with the same settings, and clearly it isn't a widespread problem.  I can only surmise that the certificate has changed, and my mail client doesn't like it.  I think I'll have to go back to Support, as what they initially suggested hasn't worked.
Simon.
--

nowster

It might even be that your client is asking for SSLv3 and iDNet have switched that off, with it being a major security risk.

Also certificates are only valid for a limited period and have to be replaced when they expire.

Simon

Quote from: nowster on Jul 02, 2015, 08:59:09
It might even be that your client is asking for SSLv3 and iDNet have switched that off, with it being a major security risk.

Also certificates are only valid for a limited period and have to be replaced when they expire.

Is the SSLv3 thing a recent issue?
Simon.
--

sparky

I had the same problem on Tuesday when I tried to access my idnet email via webmail using Firefox.

Think I clicked on "confirm security exception" and it never came back.

nowster

Quote from: sparky on Jul 02, 2015, 09:24:57
Think I clicked on "confirm security exception" and it never came back.
That'll probably be a self-signed certificate, in that case.

Simon

I'm not being given that option.
Simon.
--

Simon

... But this afternoon, the problem seems to have miraculously been cured!   :eyebrow:
Simon.
--