Recomend a package ( already existing customer)

Started by Ronin, Jul 07, 2015, 19:21:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronin

Hey party people,

Been happy with idnet since 2009  :thumb:

I am currently on Home SuperPro (ADSL2+) which is £29.78 ex.vat.  I pay yearly so it's £393.94.
That includes enhanced care and traffic priority  ( do i need this ?, would i  notice a big difference without it )

I use it mainly for online gaming and its set to download off peak My average download per month for the last 3 years has been 160 GB

I am not that fussed about fiber but if it works out cheaper would switch

Cheers all

Simon

Hopefully someone with more expertise will respond later, but the package you go for very much depends on your usage and needs, so it's difficult to recommend in that aspect.  I've not used Fibre myself as I don't feel the need for it, but others would recommend it.   As far as Enhanced Care goes, I believe this means that you're pushed further up the queue if you have a fault, and that it may be dealt with (by BT) outside of normal working hours.   TBH, I'm not sure what traffic priority is. 

Sorry if that's no help whatsoever!  :red:
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Ronin

cheers mate, hopefully someone else will chip in,

Lance

The traffic priority used to give your traffic a higher priority at the local exchange (over normal domestic users) and possibly elsewhere in the BT network. Typically I recall it would result in a slightly lower ping.

Lance
_____

nowster

I think it put it on a different Virtual Path with higher priority, which meant that your link wouldn't slow down as much during peak periods.

Ronin

i wonder would i miss it much , at the minute it works out at £10 per month extra.
Do you think its possible to trial it with that feature turned off to see if i notice a massive difference ?

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------