Update to packages

Started by Gary, May 20, 2016, 08:03:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Not sure if its been mentioned on here I did a quick look but if I missed it please delete this. The FTTC Pro package has been updated to 500GB with no price rise and the Fibre Pro Plus is now 1000GB.  :)
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

zappaDPJ

It's certainly news to me Gary. I wonder if that applies to existing contracts.
zap
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

lozcart

It would seem the existing contracts are upgraded as well, I'm on Fibre Pro and my Idnet portal now says 500GB  :)

Gary

Quote from: zappaDPJ on May 20, 2016, 08:43:25
It's certainly news to me Gary. I wonder if that applies to existing contracts.
Yes it does, Zap. I'm on Fibre pro and now get 500GB  ;D

Simon

Simon.
--

zappaDPJ

Quote from: Gary on May 20, 2016, 09:53:46
Yes it does, Zap. I'm on Fibre pro and now get 500GB  ;D

I think it's the same for me although I have to be honest, since we've moved to our new house by the sea, the Internet doesn't get hammered anywhere near as much as it used to.
zap
--------------------

Gary

Quote from: zappaDPJ on May 20, 2016, 10:42:43
I think it's the same for me although I have to be honest, since we've moved to our new house by the sea, the Internet doesn't get hammered anywhere near as much as it used to.
Have to say since my divorce I don't use it as much, probably partly because my ex isn't online 24/7 using facebook, but I do use Netflix and YouTube a lot more since I got a 64GB Apple TV and use my iPad to mirror Amazon Prime as well. I am getting out more, even got suntan marks from wearing my sandals in my wheelchair now. :)

colirv

So it's just Fibre Lite that doesn't get upgraded. Oh well.
Colin

mervl

:eek4: Just checked and my broadband service, Fibre Pro, has disappeared from my dashboard! Still have a connection and paid the last invoice, though!

Ah, Brian from IDNet emailed within a couple of minutes of reporting it to say it's been reset. That's what I call service! Update: checked it and same price/ 500GB now. Well my highest has been about 75GB downloads over the last 12 months (not sure how I managed that?) and normally half that, so I don't seem to have anything to worry about! Lately though any sign of the packet loss or variable speeds i had at the turn of the year seem to have disappeared, so I can only assume that IDNet have been adding capacity like spreading confetti!

Tacitus

Would have been good if they'd given a boost to Fibre Lite either by raising the usage limit to (say) 100Gb or by raising the speed from the current 38Mbps to BT's new 52/55 Mbps speed band.  I've not seen anything but I imagine the latter either is, or will be, available via BT Wholesale and is not restricted to BT Retail customers. 

A small speed boost is always welcome!

sparky

QuoteSo it's just Fibre Lite that doesn't get upgraded. Oh well.

Yeah. Typical.

I never stand any chance of getting more than about 30 Mbps if I go to fibre. I don't see why I should pay the same as some one getting 76Mbps, but the only option I would have is with a 50gb cap.

There should be something in between Fibre Lite and Fibre Pro for those that cannot get more than 38 Mbps.

It's one of the reasons I have never upgraded. At this rate, if I did upgrade to fibre it would have to be with some one else.

Simon

One customer I know has commented that whilst they are appreciative of the package uplifts, they were disappointed not to have been notified by IDNet, as not everyone checks their account regularly.  Whilst I tend to agree that it's a little odd for IDNet not to have made an announcement, I did point out that many other providers may have only offered the increased packages to new customers, or may have required new contracts from existing customers.  At least IDNet give the upgrades to everyone across the board, which I feel is more than fair, even if they don't shout it from the rooftops.
Simon.
--

Lance

They did tweet about it, but I agree a customer email would have been better.
Lance
_____

mk1

:) ;D increase to 500GB could'nt of come any sooner! Just as I was thinking I had blown the 200GB cap!

Clive

Is there any increase with the ADSL packages?  At present I have 50Gb but it would be nice to have a bit more in reserve.   :whistle:

mk1

Mine is ADSL and it was increased to 500GB, I checked on the IDnet about package page, in the dashboard

Clive

Mine still says 50Gb.   :laugh:  I've got ADSL2 Max - apparently.