New FTTC Packages

Started by Gary, Nov 01, 2016, 10:06:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

New Idnet FTTC packages.

Fiber lite Up To 40Mbps* Download / Up To 10Mbps* Upload

50GB Downloads / Unlimited Uploads

Line Rental Included (normally £14.00 per month)

12 Month Contract
from £29.50 per month

broadband only from £21.50

or Fibre Unlimited

Up To 76Mbps* Download / Up To 19Mbps* Upload

Unlimited Downloads / Unlimited Uploads

Line Rental Included (normally £14.00 per month)

12 Month Contract
from £34.50 per month

broadband only from £26.50
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Adrian

I was on Fibre Pro 80/20 500GB/month and my account now shows unlimited but 55/10!

I just performed a speed check and I am still connecting at 80/20 and that is what I want to keep a I value the higher upload speed.
Adrian

Bill

Quote from: Adrian on Nov 01, 2016, 12:07:06
I was on Fibre Pro 80/20 500GB/month and my account now shows unlimited but 55/10!

I just performed a speed check and I am still connecting at 80/20 and that is what I want to keep a I value the higher upload speed.

Same here... maybe (I hope!) it's just a "name" thing... I don't really care what they call it as long as they don't mess with the technical bits :P
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Adrian

Quote from: Bill on Nov 01, 2016, 12:13:55
Same here... maybe (I hope!) it's just a "name" thing... I don't really care what they call it as long as they don't mess with the technical bits :P

I have contacted support and they confirm that I am syncing at the higher rate, but I fear that the lower rate will get applied when my annual subscription is due. I'm too old for this sort of confusion, now where are my slippers ;)

Adrian

Adrian

Oh, that's interesting, my account details now just show me as on Fibre Unlimited, no reference to connection speed.

Edit:
Support just confirmed it was a "back end" bug, now resolved.
Adrian

Gary

Its always been Up To 76Mbps Download / Up To 19Mbps they never called it 80/20 as far as I can ever remember.

Bill

Quote from: Adrian on Nov 01, 2016, 12:32:30
Oh, that's interesting, my account details now just show me as on Fibre Unlimited, no reference to connection speed.

Edit:
Support just confirmed it was a "back end" bug, now resolved.

So does mine, that's a relief... I value the speed more than the allowance (seldom use >100GB anway) and wouldn't have been happy on 55/10 :mad:
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Adrian

Quote from: Gary on Nov 01, 2016, 12:38:57
Its always been Up To 76Mbps Download / Up To 19Mbps they never called it 80/20 as far as I can ever remember.

I was generalising. 80/20 in the loosest sense of the term :)
Adrian

sparky

Well, I don't like it.

They've left the Lite users on only 50gb again!  :mad:

Tacitus

Quote from: sparky on Nov 01, 2016, 13:20:56
That's my only gripe, although I can see why they've done it in order to push people to the higher priced options.  I do think they could have sweetened the deal by using 55/10 for the FTTC Lite package instead of the current 40/10, though I'm not sure if they have to pay BT significantly more for the speed increase.

I do like the new layout and business customers should be pleased  :)

Clive

Well, I don't like it.

I'm on the same package and agree they could have been a bit more generous. 

Simon

I pay annually, and it looks like I am still on the 500Gb package, which will presumably be upgraded when I renew in December.
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Adrian

Quote from: Simon on Nov 01, 2016, 21:08:35
I pay annually, and it looks like I am still on the 500Gb package, which will presumably be upgraded when I renew in December.

That's interesting. I also pay annually and my next bill is in February but I have already been upgraded.
Adrian

Technical Ben

Well, I don't like it.

Still tempting though at that price. I could possibly swap over to fibre (for the upload speed, don't need any more download IMO) at that price, and then change packages/wait it out in the future. Can we do the BB only and I'll drop the line rental/landline?
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Simon

Quote from: Adrian on Nov 01, 2016, 21:18:44
That's interesting. I also pay annually and my next bill is in February but I have already been upgraded.

Oh.  :-\   Not that it really matters, as I never get anywhere near 500Gb anyway, but I may give them a call, just to clarify.
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gary

BT don't do a 40/10 any more, well that's what I thought. The new lower tier was 55/10 I assumed, but IDNet use Zen where they can for back haul so maybe that why :dunno: Considering the cost factor between the two plans and it seems you can now not have a landline I think, Unlimited is a better deal really. I imagine with all the new online streaming services households with netflix and Amazon Youtube, 4K HDR etc many people use well over 100GB a month, even just basic web browsing online uses much more than it used to with richer media content, I remember when 5GB was enough a month. I game as well and some patches are 30GB per game, so Lite may seen as a niche product and not in their view worth upgrading as more people will jump to unlimited in the long term. I guess if you don't like it look elsewhere possibly, there are plenty of other providers and good deals.

J!ll

:-\  Currently mine is showing ADSL unlimited. I can watch Netflix without any problems, although it would be nice to have unlimited upload/download. I could try the ADSL2+ as I'm not keen on a 12 month contract.  :dunno:

Well it did say monthly but on ordering it changed to yearly! but monthly for phone  :shake:

J!ll

OK after receiving an email from Brian I am already on that package!  :whistle: although it did not show that on my details. He also mentiond that the unlimited service has been applied! so I can watch more Netflix without the worry? It certainly does not read that when looking at the details! just says download.

J!ll

Decided to bite the bullet and go for upgrade 40/10. Buying router from them as mine will be no good. Unlimited upload/download.

colirv

ITYF on the 40/10 package download is limited to 50GB.
Colin

J!ll

This is from my dashboard

Package:Fibre 40/10 Unlimited

Standard Price:£21.50 ex.vat.

Broadband Only Price:£27.50 ex.vat.

Total Allowance: Totally Unlimited (Download & Upload)

I have chosen unlimited not lite which is 50GB download

colirv

Ah. I was fooled by the 40/10. As per the OP, £26.50 ex vat normally gets you 80/20 unlimited, broadband only. Perhaps your line can't achieve the higher speed.
Colin

J!ll

;D I chose that one as don't need any more for now.

mervl

From my experience BT can limit longer FTTC lines at the cab to 40/10 even on an 80/20 package. It appears to happen in my case with IDNet's FTTC Unlimited (now). It's not an issue for me but my router stats consistently show an attainable download speed of  up to 45 Mbps, but a download max at the "exchange" = cab which never exceeds and more often stays at  39998. Uploads aren't an issue, both the attainable and the actual are close together, indeed sometimes the upload stats go wonky and show the actual in excess of the attainable.

J!ll

It will be interesting to see what I get, I will report back.  :fingers: