Anyone else getting DNS errors?

Started by andrue, Apr 05, 2018, 21:09:22

Previous topic - Next topic

andrue

Anyone seeing random DNS errors? I've already reported it to Support and they saw a couple of issues. It's mainly affecting one site for me:

Getting some odd DNS results:

C:\Users\andrue>ping forums.digitalspy.com

Pinging vip.cl547.vanillahosted.com [161.47.55.17] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 161.47.55.17: bytes=32 time=97ms TTL=241
C:\Users\andrue>ping forums.digitalspy.com

Pinging forums.digitalspy.com [161.47.55.17] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 161.47.55.17: bytes=32 time=105ms TTL=241

But I also couldn't get to a couple of other sites. I've tried rebooting my router and IExplore instead of Chrome.

zappaDPJ

I've had to refresh a number of pages at different sites to get them to load today. I didn't think anything of it until I read your post, I assumed it was a problem with their hosts but maybe not. If it happens again I'll do some testing.
zap
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

andrue

Switching to Google DNS seems to resolve the problem. Two or three other members of that forum are also seeing issues and I wouldn't expect us all to be IDNet users. Unless posting mindless drivel on a wide variety of topics is something that particularly appeals to IDNetters :)

Bill

I've been getting "Resolving host" warning messages (Chrome on a Mac) tonight, but only on sites where my adblocker was disabled. Enable the adblocker and the messages disappeared, disable it and back they come... ie blame Google  :P

It seems to be OK now.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

andrue

Quote from: Bill on Apr 05, 2018, 21:38:08
I've been getting "Resolving host" warning messages (Chrome on a Mac) tonight, but only on sites where my adblocker was disabled. Enable the adblocker and the messages disappeared, disable it and back they come... ie blame Google  :P

It seems to be OK now.
I never disable my adblocker :)

I've switched back to default DNS and things do seem fine again.

Bill

Quote from: andrue on Apr 05, 2018, 21:43:05
I never disable my adblocker :)

I don't do it very often, but there are a few sites where I'll put up with the ads for the sake of their financial well-being :)
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6