Brilliant service from Idnet

Started by robinc, May 25, 2018, 06:36:09

Previous topic - Next topic

robinc

Tuesday afternoon - around 4pm - everything went dead, no phone line, nothing.

Now, I'm sure it was just coincidence that OR had been digging up the road to sort out a line issue for a nearby neighbour, and that after that they had gone off to fiddle with the cab and the exchange - just pure coincidence, what else could it be???

Anyhoo, dig out mobile and pray the gods of EE are going to grant me some kind of connection. Call Idnet support - took all of maybe 30 seconds to pick up....fiddle around with faceplate and confirm dead line, hand over to OR needed.

Wednesday 1pm call from OR engineer, on the way. 3pm call from engineer, all fixed - that's less than 24 hours!!!!!!!!

No stress, no hanging around in phone q for anything up to 1 hour which was the norm with PlusNet, no 3 working day wait, no pain, nothing.

I've had to call the support folks a couple of times with odd questions, and they always do the same great job.
If we tell people their brain is an app - they might actually start to use it.

J!ll

That's why we stay with them!  :thumb:

Simon

Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Adrian

How boringly typical of IDNet  :laugh:
Adrian

Technical Ben

Quote from: robinc on May 25, 2018, 06:36:09
Tuesday afternoon - around 4pm - everything went dead, no phone line, nothing.

Now, I'm sure it was just coincidence that OR had been digging up the road to sort out a line issue for a nearby neighbour, and that after that they had gone off to fiddle with the cab and the exchange - just pure coincidence, what else could it be???

Anyhoo, dig out mobile and pray the gods of EE are going to grant me some kind of connection. Call Idnet support - took all of maybe 30 seconds to pick up....fiddle around with faceplate and confirm dead line, hand over to OR needed.

Wednesday 1pm call from OR engineer, on the way. 3pm call from engineer, all fixed - that's less than 24 hours!!!!!!!!

No stress, no hanging around in phone q for anything up to 1 hour which was the norm with PlusNet, no 3 working day wait, no pain, nothing.

I've had to call the support folks a couple of times with odd questions, and they always do the same great job.

:thumb:
Love it. I'm the local "Customer Service assistant" to my friends. That means I wait on hold for them.  ;)
But when I was with IDNet, they were always fantastic.  :thumb: Sadly everyone I know is either stuck with BT mentality, or (fair enough I guess) priced out of getting IDNet. But for those who can afford it, I'd recommend them any day!
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

mervl

You're right it comes down to cost. Any mass market operator (think retail) is going to be bureaucratic in my experience. But I think Openreach have vastly improved their responsiveness too, in many cases (not all, but no one is perfect).

For the last ten years OR have detected and repaired most local faults here before, in many cases, we are aware of them. They ratchet down our speeds too, to ensure that the system works faultlessly, but they have to live within their means too and resources, so I can't blame them. We all have to do the same, if you always live on the edge you're going to come a cropper sooner or later. IDNet can't make pigs fly either; and to be fair, they don't try. Simon explained what I already know when I had a discussion with him when I was thinking of leaving (for A&A). Conclusion, it wasn't worth it. Frankly I could, and ought to on straightforward economics, go for the cheapest operator and I do have better use for the now-scarce cash since retiring, but it's nice to have an internet that just works whatever I want it for (but frankly so does the gas, electricity, water and sewerage and I don't pay over the odds for them -  well an inevitable exception for water and sewerage!). I can't see how fibre connections are ever going to become commercially viable for the mass built housing estates of the 60s and 70s when developers just slung cable in the ground -  OR have done an under-praised job in making good the worst of the shoddy work.

IDNet do have the occasional problem, the backhaul capacity a few years ago, and the recent DNS attack come to mind - but we know they deal with them. The problems do stick out like sore thumbs though, because they are so rare.