Logging in to webmail from tablet

Started by camdave, Apr 13, 2018, 17:19:14

Previous topic - Next topic

camdave

Hi all

I have a Windows desktop, Android smartphone and a Chromebook all of which allow me to log into Idnet Webmail without any problems when necessary.
Having just purchased a Lenovo Android tablet I was surprised to find that it refuses to login but displays a box containing a message which I can't read as
it flashes up too quickly and then says 'Login Failed'.

Anyone else had a similar issue and have you found a resolution?

David

Simon

No problems here, Dave.  Assuming you've checked that you're using the correct password, would it be worth checking the URL?  Note that a secure login is required:

https://webmail.idnet.com

Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

camdave

Hi Simon

Definitely using secure login. We have just got back from Center Parcs and using their wifi my smartphone logs in with no trouble but not the tablet.
It's a little odd as both are Lenovo kit. Could there be some 'hidden' security setting on the tablet - I will have to dig around in the settings.
Exactly the same when I tried both at home this afternoon.

David

Simon

I've no idea about "hidden" security, but have both tablets got the same security product on them?  What about browsers?  The same?  For it to work with one device but not another does obviously suggest it's something to do with the device itself, but I can't think of why one website might be blocked if all others work OK.  Have you tried clearing the cookies on the tablet that won't log in?  Also, are you logging out of the webmail account before you try logging in on another device?

Just be aware that you might get locked out of the webmail account after too many failed logins. 
Simon.
--

camdave

Thanks Simon, I am meticulous as to clearing cookies regularly, it's part of our ongoing security strategy.
I am concerned about the possibility of being locked out so I think I will leave it until the next time I am away and have another look at the security settings on the tablet at that time.
In any case I can always check the email on my phone, it's just easier on the tablet.

David

steve195527

I had a strange issue with the webmail,I prefer IE to edge on my pc(win 10) but initially I couldn't login to the webmail using IE(everything was correct re security passwords etc) but could when I tried edge at supports suggestion,after logging in with edge  that once I then could log in using IE?no idea why it was ok after initially not working until after using edge but it has worked ok ever since,support didn't know why it wasn't working initially or why it was after using edge either(IE and edge don't share settings or cookies)

tfw7

I have a similar issue....
I can't login into idnet webmail from pc (on any of IE, firefox, opera or chrome) - get authentication failed, but can login on opera via wifi on phone.
I have tried multiple times - initially I thought it was because my account had lapsed, but I've reset the password etc, left time to try logging in again etc. Still won't work on pc though. But worked at first time of asking on phone.

Simon

Has anyone asked IDNet about this?
Simon.
--

tfw7

tfw7

UPDATE: similar to in Steve's post, it would seem that successfully logging in via my phone an hour or so ago has now cleared whatever the issue was and I have now managed to login from my pc (on chrome). Strange!