Can't send or receieve emails

Started by davebesag, Aug 04, 2018, 11:36:15

Previous topic - Next topic

davebesag

Early this morning I noticed that I hadn't received an email on webmail that I'd forwarded to myself or a confirmation from an company for something I had just bought. I then tried sending an email to my Idnet email address from a couple of other email accounts I have and nothing was being received.

I then tried sending an email from my Idnet webmail and always got for example "SMTP Error (450): Failed to add recipient "support@idnet.net" (4.1.8 <dave@besag.co.uk>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found)." This wasn't an issue yesterday. The domain looks fine on who.is and doesn't expire until next year.

Simon

No problems here with sending or receiving.  Do you still have the issue now?
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

davebesag

Thanks,

Yes. Idnet are passing it to their domain team but unfortunately they only work Mon-Fri. I've also contacted 123-reg as well. I've noticed that the nameservers on 123-reg point to Netnames (who I used to use) rather than 123-reg but that wouldn't explain why it is suddenly a problem today.

By the way I've just now received a test email I sent from another email address. I'm wondering whether changing the nameservers worked.

davebesag

I can suddenly send emails although I'm not sure all test emails I sent from other are arriving (Yahoo Mail is a possible issue). This is all very odd.