Coming home!

Started by Moley, Jul 01, 2018, 16:30:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Moley

Hey everyone,

I was with idnet for many years, and sadly in a moment of madness left for BT - and boy am I paying the price - quite literally.  Currently having problems with connection and appear to be under the influence of DLM -yet to be sorted.

Came back here to see what's occurring here now, and so glad to find idnetters still going - I remember many happy chats with Rik, who I understand is sadly no longer with us 🙁. I'm interested in the gaming packages - WOW player for my sins - and it all looks good, and I already have the billion router as the BT hub is abhorrent.  I can't play with the lag I get currently and there's a new expansion coming! Anyone had good experience with the gaming packages?

Am I reading correctly still 1 month contracts?? Have to say reading this forum feels like coming home! I suppose I need to get current issues checked out before migrating?

Moley aka Chris

Simon

The forum is much quieter since we sadly lost Rik, but welcome back!

I'm not a gamer, so I'll leave the comments on gaming to someone else.  :)
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

steve195527

Quote from: Moley on Jul 01, 2018, 16:30:15
Hey everyone,

I was with idnet for many years, and sadly in a moment of madness left for BT - and boy am I paying the price - quite literally.  Currently having problems with connection and appear to be under the influence of DLM -yet to be sorted.

Came back here to see what's occurring here now, and so glad to find idnetters still going - I remember many happy chats with Rik, who I understand is sadly no longer with us 🙁. I'm interested in the gaming packages - WOW player for my sins - and it all looks good, and I already have the billion router as the BT hub is abhorrent.  I can't play with the lag I get currently and there's a new expansion coming! Anyone had good experience with the gaming packages?

Am I reading correctly still 1 month contracts?? Have to say reading this forum feels like coming home! I suppose I need to get current issues checked out before migrating?

Moley aka Chris
on the standard(non-gaming) 80/20 package my pings are always around 12ms,will gaming package be any better?think the limiting factor won't be idnet whatever package you choose

Moley

Thanks for your kind comments  :D
I've had a call today from the mod team at BT who are investigating my current poor connection - apparently there is a fault which is "under investigation by BT wholesale".  We've always been told that 28 is the top speed we can expect on our line, and have always been happy enough with a roughly 25.  Last few weeks this has dropped to 10-12, dropping out and high ping.  The guy I spoke to today then said we should consider downgrading from Infinity 2 as we will never get the service!!! I'm a tad annoyed to hear this since they have been taking my money for aforementioned connection since 2013!!! I'd welcome opinions on this bizarre turn of events!

Once the "fault" has been fixed, assuming it is, I shall be leaving BT and coming back here I think - at least here you get honest answers!!

Moley

Finally our fault is resolved - turned out to be some 'well dodgy' backwiring a previous engineer had done  :o

Anyway, just reading about switching back to IDNET and it mentions if switching like for like (which we are) that I need to get a migration order??? Is this something that happens automatically on ordering?

Also, we already own the exact same billion router which is one of the options, presumably getting the settings for that would be easy enough?