Login Password

Started by sparky, Aug 28, 2018, 09:43:18

Previous topic - Next topic

sparky

I know this may seem a stupid question to some, sorry  ???

If I change the password on my idnet login portal (for access to my account) does that change the password that I have to put in my router for the broadband connection??

hazza

My IDNet portal lists a different password for my broadband connection than what I use to log into the portal, so you should be OK.

Simon

My IDNet account login in the same as my ADSL login on my router.  I may be wrong, but doesn't the router need to log into the account in order to connect the broadband?  In which case, I would have thought the passwords should be the same.
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

sparky

That's interesting. I didn't realise that I could see my router login password, but it's there under router admin and is still the same as before I changed my idnet portal password. So it looks as though they are indeed independant. Thanks hazza.

Shows how bad my password management is as I'd never changed it from the day I set up my idnet account *&£$%^ years ago!  :o  Maybe that is why yours is still the same Simon?

Not sure that there is an obvious way of changing that one, but I i'm not bothered about that one really, it was my portal login that I wanted to make more secure. I assume that your router vdsl login is also tied to your phone line anyways.