Acronis offers, my head is spinnning!

Started by Broadback, Nov 01, 2018, 08:59:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Broadback

I am considering purchasing Acronis backup software. However there are so many offers on the net I find it confusing. What I would like is the latest version (2019?) and lasting for as long as I wish to use it. The offers all seem to be for a 1 year valid version, also most do not specify the version. Any help most welcomed.
Nothing is perfect, not even my ignorance!

nowster

Many software houses are trying to shift to a rental model. Good for them; not good for you.

Simon

It seems you can still get the 2018 version from Amazon on a conventional licence:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07514D6LV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_mjV2BbVN2TGW4

I hesitate to suggest looking for software on eBay, but if you're careful, and you know what you're looking for, you may be able to pick something up there.

There are, of course, other backup software products available, some of which are free.
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

andrue

I use Macrium backup and its proved its worth. My server has a 4:1 rolling backup (1 full backup, then 3 incrementals) to a local hard disk. It runs in the early hours of Monday morning and takes care of removing old archives to avoid overflowing the drive. Restoration is initiated from a bootable USB stick. I've had to recover my system with it a couple of times and it performed flawlessly each time including resizing partitions to suit new media.

I also use Handy Backup to keep my Google drive updated. It was the only one I could find that didn't rely on syncing which I distrust. I just had to tell it which folders I wanted backing up and it did the rest and takes care of adding new files if/when I add them.

Technical Ben

Quote from: andrue on Nov 09, 2018, 16:47:15
I use Macrium backup and its proved its worth. My server has a 4:1 rolling backup (1 full backup, then 3 incrementals) to a local hard disk. It runs in the early hours of Monday morning and takes care of removing old archives to avoid overflowing the drive. Restoration is initiated from a bootable USB stick. I've had to recover my system with it a couple of times and it performed flawlessly each time including resizing partitions to suit new media.

I also use Handy Backup to keep my Google drive updated. It was the only one I could find that didn't rely on syncing which I distrust. I just had to tell it which folders I wanted backing up and it did the rest and takes care of adding new files if/when I add them.
I use their free products and they work great... with the exception of some parts being hidden back to the paid for version. Which reminds me, I really should get the paid for version for those extra features.  ;D
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

andrue

Quote from: Technical Ben on Nov 11, 2018, 11:11:05
I use their free products and they work great... with the exception of some parts being hidden back to the paid for version. Which reminds me, I really should get the paid for version for those extra features.  ;D
Plus it encourages them to continue support. I finally upgraded to the latest version this year just to encourage them :)