Amazon Kindle problem

Started by Broadback, Nov 03, 2018, 15:09:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Broadback

Through carelessness I have broken my Kindle, I really miss it. I have spent days trying to track down the Amazon number so that I may order a replacement. their website is a minefield. As it will not power up I cannot obtain the serial number, however on the back is printed - Model Number NM406GZ. Can any one help? amazon seem unable to!  :eek4:
Nothing is perfect, not even my ignorance!

Clive

If you go into your Amazon account and click on My Account/Manage my devices and content/Devices and click on the picture of your Kindle, it will give you the serial number. 

Broadback

But the pictures seem all the same. I certainly cannot distinguish between them.

Broadback

I am sorry Clive, but I cannot find My Account/Manage my devices and content/Devices.  :(

Clive

When you sign in, just below your username you will see My Accounts.  Click on it and you will see a drop down menu which will include around halfway down "manage my content and devices" .  Click on it and you will see all your content but there is a menu at the top which says "Devices".  If you click on that all your kindles will appear and clicking on the pictures will tell you the serial numbers and other information.

Broadback

Thnak for you patience Clive. I am afraid I cannot see it. I will retire now as I am exzhauste and will try again in the morning. Have a good evening!  ;)

Clive

If you buy a new Kindle from Amazon it will be registered to your account and your content will be transferred to it.  I don't know how old your broken Kindle is but if it's more than a year or so there will be a new version.  I use a Kindle Fire HD as my tablet and it's very versatile.  I also have a brand new Kindle Paperwhite 3G for downloading newspapers on holiday.  Both my earlier Kindles have packed in so I've deregistered them on my account and they no longer appear.