Junk Mail Folder

Started by sparky, Apr 02, 2019, 10:45:47

Previous topic - Next topic

sparky

Hi,

Does my IDNET junk mail folder count towards my quota?  Does the junk mail folder get automatically emptied at any set point, or if not, is there any way of setting this?

Thanks.

Simon

Not sure if it adds to your quota, but you can clear it by logging in via webmail - https://webmail.idnet.com/
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

sparky

Hi Simon,

Yeah. I know I can log in to clear it, but i've been getting about 20 per day and am getting p** **f with keep logging in to clear my junk folder when every else I download via pop3. Just wondered if I could automate it or if i've not really any need to bother.

Simon

In the Webmail, if you click the three horizontal lines at the top left, that should reveal some Settings, and maybe if you tick the boxes as below that might help?
Simon.
--

sparky

Simon,

Interesting. My idnet.com webmail has not got the three lines at the top left. It has however got a settings tab which has boxes checked as you suggest, including "Directly Delete Messages in Junk", but I think all that does is directly delete messages in the Junk folder instead of putting them in the "Deleted Items" folder after you manually delete them.

Simon

Got to be honest, I'm not sure how it works.  I use Mailwasher which deletes unwanted mail (spam) from the server, so I don't ever use the Junk / Deleted folders on my email accounts. 
Simon.
--

Clive

I don't use IDNet mail but with BT/Yahoo mail I can block senders which can be a useful method of reducing spam.  This in no way implies that I am recommending BT as they are the biggest load of dog poo on the market.