Outgoing email quota exceeded

Started by Magic Foundry, May 12, 2019, 11:03:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Magic Foundry

using a pop3 email account and after sending one email with about 18 recipients I'm getting this message:"An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  4.7.1 <END-OF-MESSAGE>: End-of-data rejected: sender address has exceeded daily recipient limit, please try again later. Please check the message and try again." Can anyone shed any light on what this means and what to do about it? This is not a new email account and the password is long and random i.e strong.

Simon

I don't know what the actual quota of recipients is, but it sounds like the server spam filter is kicking in.  Either that, or are there large attachments with the emails?  If not, then I would simply suggest sending them in smaller batches.
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Magic Foundry

Yeh, I had a vague idea it might be the server filter, but it leaves us unable to send emails from that account without logging into webmail, which if we send from a web browser leaves us without a copy in our local sent items folder. "I'm sure it will all go back to normal tomorrow," he said with a sigh.

Simon

It's a bit of a round about way to do it, but if you were to set up an 'IMAP' version of the email account in your mail client, you could then access the Sent folder on the webmail, and download the sent emails to your local Sent folder.

That's how I do it.  I have IMAP set up on all my portable devices and POP3 on my main PC so that I can download the emails off the server every so often. 
Simon.
--

Magic Foundry

Are you saying that it's possible to set up (in my case using thunderbird) a pop3 and an IMAP version of the same email account (username/email address etc)?

Simon

Yes, that's what I've done.  Just set it so that the IMAP account doesn't automatically check for new emails, or it may not work quite right.  You can then move the items from the Sent folder on the IMAP account to the Sent folder on the POP3 account.
Simon.
--

Magic Foundry

Think I might give that a try, thanks.