Silent calls - number spoofing?

Started by peasblossom, May 05, 2019, 12:07:22

Previous topic - Next topic

peasblossom

I've had a few silent calls recently, one from a 0133 number. Google (just Google it seems) suggests those numbers are especially dodgy. Should I report them to IDNet?

Gary

Nothing IDNet can do, just ignore them or block them. Basic phone package includes choose to refuse I believe.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Clive

I use a CPR Callblocker which can be purchased from Amazon for under £40.  It comes pre-programmed with blocked numbers and you can add to these at the press of a button.  You can even block whole exchanges if you need to.  Once blocked, the caller cannot bother you again. 

Simon

Quote from: Clive on May 05, 2019, 19:52:30
I use a CPR Callblocker which can be purchased from Amazon for under £40.  It comes pre-programmed with blocked numbers and you can add to these at the press of a button.  You can even block whole exchanges if you need to.  Once blocked, the caller cannot bother you again. 

+1
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Ray

Quote from: Clive on May 05, 2019, 19:52:30

Me too!
Ray
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

peasblossom

I can block numbers on my phone and have done, don't you worry!

Gary

I dont use my landline, its for careline only. I use my mobile for all my calls and have for a few years now. Nobody ever calls my landline thankfully.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Terryphi

I have CPR Callblocker but it does not block international calls spoofing UK numbers although I have a filter blocking international calls. I raised this with CPR but did not get a solution.