Smart TV problem

Started by Den, Jan 01, 2020, 19:24:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Den

I have 3 smart TV's around the house, a small Samsung in the kitchen, a 32inch Sony in the sitting room and a 42inch Sony Bavia in the lounge. I get 100% strong signal in each area but last night the Sony 42inch would not log onto the internet. I have tried all sorts of ways to get it back up and running and sometimes it works and then 10 mins later it stops again. It took me over an hour tonight to get it running and then went back and tried it again later and it stated no wifi available. My iPad in the same room states 100% signal with no problems. I suspect that the TV has updated and this is causing the problems, any thoughts?   :dunno:

Mr Music Man.

nowster

Any chance of running an Ethernet cable to it?

Den

I have had to revert to Develo Powerline Adapters that I still had in the garage. Just can't sort out why everything else works except this one TV.  :eyebrow:
Mr Music Man.

Gary

Have you gone to the Sony site to see if there are any updates for your TV? It may be an update but that should not stop wifi working, sound more like a hardware fault. Have you tried pulling the power for 5 minutes then plugging it back in or doing a factory reset? Search your model of TV here below, if its Linux based Sony don't update much after two-three years old, if its Android based there have been some recently. https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/tv/t/televisions
Damned, if you do damned if you don't