Problem sending with Mozilla Thunderbird.

Started by Broadback, Jan 31, 2020, 13:11:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Broadback

I restored my PC using Acronis. For some unexplained reason it had a catastrophic failure, after a lot of problems I have ( I think) recovered everything, except my emails via Mozilla Thunderbird fail to send ( I receive emails OK) with this error message: Login to server SMPT.outitgoes.com with username xxxxxx@ j-towill.co.uk failed asking for a password, sadly it will not allow me to set a password. Any and all help appreciated.
Nothing is perfect, not even my ignorance!

Gary

Some email clients use the username i.e. your email address is the password. I would remove the accounts and start again in case they have become corrupt. Also check with your email provider for the correct settings.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Postal

Quote from: Broadback on Jan 31, 2020, 13:11:11sadly it will not allow me to set a password.

Tools > Options > Privacy & Security > Passwords > Saved Passwords.  Then click on the Show Passwords button, right click on the password for the account and you have the option to edit the password.

Simon

You may need to tick the box in the Server Settings (Outgoing) to send mail with Authentication.  Or send securely (SSL), or whatever it says.  That should then allow you to enter the password. 
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Broadback

Well I have moved my email supplier to

nowster

Quote from: Broadback on Feb 26, 2020, 11:17:30
Well I have moved my email supplier to
Don't just leave us hanging...  :o

Broadback

Sorry, exco hosting, it is working fine!

Broadback

mucked that up, it should be eco hosting.