Music hiccups

Started by dudwell, May 25, 2020, 11:24:32

Previous topic - Next topic

dudwell

I'm experiencing short breaks, usually just a second or two but sometimes longer, in music playing on my echo dot 2. It's the same whether I'm using laptop or smartphone (the latter on wifi) to listen to internet radio, Amazon music, Spotify or casting from my own collection of mp3s.

Could it be that my 4 year old Billion-8800NL router isn't quite up to the task? Or any other ideas?

nowster

Does it coincide with someone using a microwave oven?

dudwell

There's no microwaving going on, in fact there's nothing that I can think of which might cause interference. No lighting, no central heating, no washing machine -  no electrical activity at all and I'm the only active resident. The neighbours are well apart too.

nowster

How's the WiFi throughput on other devices? Can you stream video to your smartphone independently of the Echo dot?

dudwell

Yes I can stream YouTube video to smartphone. In the maddening way of computers the problem has evaporated for the moment, earlier today music was unlistenable. I'll have to suspend investigations for now. Maybe a neighbour is doing something after all? Thanks nowster anyway.

nowster

If it happens again, I'd suggest moving the Echo about a bit, to see if it's perhaps in a dead spot.