internet down

Started by talos, Jun 16, 2020, 08:33:14

Previous topic - Next topic

talos

Been noticing a lot of outages just lately , not usually a problem but they are becoming more frequent of late.
They are not long in fact sometimes very short, but annoying nevertheless . Is it just me or is it happening to others in the same way, and if it is just me where do I look for a fault?
>:( ??? ??? ???

Simon

Are the outages at regular times, Bob?  And are they actual disconnections rather than a brief "freeze"?  I've been getting a few freezes recently but I put it down to the extra traffic going through the BT networks due to everyone being at home.

If you think you have an internal problem, then I think the first step would be to try a different router and see if the problem persists.  You could ring IDNet and ask them to check the line, but I suspect that they will ask you to do the same, unless they can see any obvious problems.
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

talos

Thanks Simon

No not regular in fact very random, they don't last more than 1-2 min each time , I've logged some to try and find a pattern but there is none. They could be down to BT I suppose working on the line somewhere because there are a lot of their vans about , in fact thinking about it I cant remember one happening in the evening out of working hours.
I think I may have answered my own question  ::)

Anyway thanks for the suggestions
Keep well
                 Bob

nowster

Rain or thunderstorms in your area?

talos

Rain yes, though not a lot , no thunder or lightning . Seems we have got away with it  8-) for now.