Dissapearing Email

Started by talos, Jun 27, 2020, 08:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

talos

Noticed that when I get an Email from a particular company , it flashes up and vanishes almost immediately , not seen this on any other mail , is it a fault at my end or theirs ? ???

Simon

Quote from: talos on Jun 27, 2020, 08:58:23
Noticed that when I get an Email from a particular company , it flashes up and vanishes almost immediately , not seen this on any other mail , is it a fault at my end or theirs ? ???

No idea, Bob.  Is it from MI5?   ;D
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

talos

Quote from: Simon on Jun 27, 2020, 09:54:00
No idea, Bob.  Is it from MI5?   ;D

Wilsons blinds Simon, just happened again, seems like a built in self destruct, not happening to any others  :dunno:

Simon

I've not heard of that before, Bob.  Is it an email you were expecting?  I'm just wondering if it's in some sort of format that your email client doesn't recognise?
Simon.
--

talos

Quote from: Simon on Jun 27, 2020, 15:53:03
I've not heard of that before, Bob.  Is it an email you were expecting?  I'm just wondering if it's in some sort of format that your email client doesn't recognise?

Yes I have had mail from them in the past, mainly in the form of advertising. It appears as a notification I open it and it disappears in seconds. Is it possibly being seen as a virus  ???

nowster

Probably your email program re-filing the email under spam. Look in your spam folder.

talos

Quote from: nowster on Jun 27, 2020, 17:47:15
Probably your email program re-filing the email under spam. Look in your spam folder.

Not in the spam , just gone,   been checking my firewall status looked in the logs lots of info in there but all double Dutch to me nothing specific

talos

Update
                   Found the disappearing Emails, they had gone into a folder marked ignore,  why I don't know,  didn't know I had such a folder,  now managed to get them out of there into another one unknown to me called unwanted , progress at last , but how do I get these emails to go to my inbox when they arrive? my old win 7  with outlook live on it would let me create a rule for a particular sender but I don't seem to be able to do that in the new win 10 mail program or can I ? does anybody know how please :-\

zappaDPJ

Technically you probably need to delete a rule previously set although it amounts to the same thing. I've never run Windows Mail so I know nothing about it. In Outlook a right click on the message header (in the list of mail) brings up a menu with the required options. It's the same for the Live version of Outlook so I'd expect something similar in Windows.
zap
--------------------

talos

Can I put Outlook or Outlook live in Win 10 , I agree with Zap , I am used to using it in win7 and find it much more friendly and easy to navigate than the offering that comes with 10

nowster

Ever tried Thunderbird?

talos

Quote from: nowster on Jul 02, 2020, 10:26:17
Ever tried Thunderbird?

No , Is it simple to use I need simple these days , brain doesn't function well now :whistle:

Clive

Mrs Clive is getting something similar using the BT Mail app on her iPad.  The mail appears then immediately disappears until the following day.  But she can access it via BT Yahoo straight away.   :dunno:

zappaDPJ

Quote from: talos on Jul 02, 2020, 08:00:22
Can I put Outlook or Outlook live in Win 10 , I agree with Zap , I am used to using it in win7 and find it much more friendly and easy to navigate than the offering that comes with 10

I believe I ran a very old version of Outlook under Windows 10 for a while but I can't be 100% sure. Unfortunately the Live version no longer allows you to add new accounts and although there is a workaround using forwarding it's not very elegant so I wouldn't recommend it.
zap
--------------------

Postal

Quote from: talos on Jul 02, 2020, 08:00:22

The Outlook included in Office 2010 works fine on W10.

nowster

Quote from: talos on Jul 02, 2020, 11:05:58
No , Is it simple to use I need simple these days , brain doesn't function well now :whistle:
[Thunderbird] You won't know unless you try.

talos

Well thanks for all suggestions, bite the bullet and go :-\

Be ready for more dumb questions when I get into trouble  :(   I still don't like W10  :rant2:

nowster

Quote from: talos on Jul 03, 2020, 10:26:17
I still don't like W10  :rant2:

Having experienced it recently for the first time properly last month, I totally agree with you: it's horrible.

For instance, I had a glitch which meant it didn't recognise a laptop's keyboard or mouse whilst installing. Where's safe mode/recovery mode gone so I can do a driver repair? Oh, you have to hold shift at the point you're asking Windows 10 to reboot. WTF? Nice catch-22 there.