Cloud

Started by Broadback, Sep 08, 2020, 11:26:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Broadback

Any suggestions and help appreciated. the information seems (to me) very complicated. Is it?
Nothing is perfect, not even my ignorance!

zappaDPJ

In simple terms it's just another form of storage so instead of storing information locally on your PC, it's stored elsewhere, on more powerful computers that form part of the cloud. Microsoft's OneDrive is one example of a cloud based storage system. It allows you as an individual or a group of users to share files from any device.
zap
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

nowster

Cloud made simple:

• Your stuff.
  • On other people's computers.

Broadback

Silly me, I was looking for complicated, it is as simple as having an additional drive, then treating it a such.  :slap:
Nothing is perfect, not even my ignorance!

robinc

Quote from: Broadback on Sep 09, 2020, 14:28:09
Silly me, I was looking for complicated, it is as simple as having an additional drive, then treating it a such.  :slap:

Yup, it's an additional drive - that you do not own - which can be switched off with no notice................ :rant2:
If we tell people their brain is an app - they might actually start to use it.

Technical Ben

Quote from: robinc on Sep 10, 2020, 07:16:51
Yup, it's an additional drive - that you do not own - which can be switched off with no notice................ :rant2:
Switched off? No, never. They would not do that. Why would they turn it off and delete your data without warning, when they can instead charge you extra to keep it... *then* switch it off.  :)x

(I do use Dropbox though, but mainly to sync up photos/docs between computers and my phone)
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

robinc

I used to use Dropbox but found pCloud to be much easier - managed to squeeze up to 15gb by recommending and signing up my various email addresses!!
If we tell people their brain is an app - they might actually start to use it.