Thinking of FTTC

Started by Clive, Sep 10, 2020, 12:05:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Clive

Many thanks krysia. 

Clive

The allotted day has come and gone but nothing has happened.  I'll phone support in the morning. 

Simon

Have you rebooted your router?  Not sure if you have to, but it would seem a logical thing to do.
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Clive

Me logical?  Not a chance.   ;D  I'll wait until morning before doing anything. 

Clive

Apparently BT didn't have any engineers available to do it yesterday so it's being done tomorrow afternoon between 1 and 6. 

Simon

Simon.
--

Clive

It's done!!  And it was extremely seamless too.  No noticeable downtime and no adjustments to be made to the router.  I'm somewhat disappointed with the speed which is 31 Mbps download and 8 Mbps upload but it's twice as fast as I had previously and I suppose it may increase over the next few weeks.  I'm happy there was no hassle and that the ID Net support were outstanding.   :thumb:

Simon

Good to hear!  I'd be interested to receive your feedback on general everyday internet stuff, and if it's noticeably faster. 
Simon.
--

Clive

Already the speed has increased to 32Mbps.  The loading speed of websites is definitely faster so perhaps Clive has crawled out of the 20th century to explore what's happening in the 21st.  Oh wait.... :facepalm:

Simon

Go back, go back...!
Simon.
--

Clive

robinc

Quote from: Clive on Oct 01, 2020, 16:01:25
Already the speed has increased to 32Mbps.  The loading speed of websites is definitely faster so perhaps Clive has crawled out of the 20th century to explore what's happening in the 21st.  Oh wait.... :facepalm:

I must admit I do wonder about speed figures. For example according to my idnet dashboard I'm getting 36.5Mbps Down /5.5Mbps Up.
If I check my router with dslstats it shows 40.0 / 5.8
According to Firefox downloads of iso files can get up to 44.0.
They can't all be right but hey, it's better than Plusnet ever was!

We're about 500 yards from the cab.
If we tell people their brain is an app - they might actually start to use it.